Welcome to the PS3 Nation! Please feel free to sign up and make sure you check your inbox as soon as you do! Enjoy your time spent here!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the PS3 Nation! Please feel free to sign up and make sure you check your inbox as soon as you do! Enjoy your time spent here!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FFVXIII and its graphical capabilities..

+6
Teckno
BlackStigma
adro
solidstudios
AnAsianKid
SlySonji™
10 posters

Go down

FFVXIII and its graphical capabilities.. Empty FFVXIII and its graphical capabilities..

Post by SlySonji™ Fri Jul 02, 2010 9:55 pm

Now, it is no doubt that Versus will be a beautiful game, but just how far will it push the PS3? Is this the game that will push the PS3 to its limits?

Discuss ^_^
SlySonji™
SlySonji™
PS3 Nation Greats

Back to top Go down

FFVXIII and its graphical capabilities.. Empty Re: FFVXIII and its graphical capabilities..

Post by AnAsianKid Fri Jul 02, 2010 9:56 pm

Well of course it's gonna look very nice.

Lets hope the story and gameplay is good aswell
AnAsianKid
AnAsianKid
Forum Regular

Back to top Go down

FFVXIII and its graphical capabilities.. Empty Re: FFVXIII and its graphical capabilities..

Post by SlySonji™ Fri Jul 02, 2010 9:57 pm

Did you like the Kingdom Hearts gameplay? If so, you will enjoy this game.
SlySonji™
SlySonji™
PS3 Nation Greats

Back to top Go down

Post by solidstudios Fri Jul 02, 2010 11:06 pm

Sonji wrote:Did you like the Kingdom Hearts gameplay? If so, you will enjoy this game.
i loved Kingdom Hearts' gameplay. I'm definitely getting this game. But as for it pushing the PS3 to its limits, i don't know
solidstudios
solidstudios

https://www.youtube.com/solidstudios98

Back to top Go down

Post by adro Fri Jul 02, 2010 11:34 pm

i have no doubt it's going to be a great game, it's probably gonna be visually impressive but I don't expect it to be the best looking ps3 game.
adro
adro
Forum Great

Back to top Go down

Post by BlackStigma Fri Jul 02, 2010 11:46 pm

It's published by Square Enix, not Sony, it will look good, but not better than other Sony Published PS3 exclusives like Gow 3.
BlackStigma
BlackStigma
Forum Great

Back to top Go down

Post by Teckno Fri Jul 02, 2010 11:47 pm

BlackStigma wrote:It's published by Square Enix, not Sony, it will look good, but not better than other Sony Published PS3 exclusives like Gow 3.
I was actually going to say the same thing.
Teckno
Teckno

Back to top Go down

Post by SlySonji™ Sat Jul 03, 2010 1:17 am

Why is that? I believe that Versus will be a better looking game than GoW3.
SlySonji™
SlySonji™
PS3 Nation Greats

Back to top Go down

Post by BlackStigma Sat Jul 03, 2010 4:09 am

Sonji wrote:Why is that? I believe that Versus will be a better looking game than GoW3.

Why would it? Sure Final Fantasy games have great graphics, but they will not surpass Sony published games. You know why? Because Square Enix isn't trying to prove the PS3's power. Sony is the one that cares about graphics because they care about making the PS3 look superior to the other systems. Why would Versus be the best graphical PS3 game? Look at MGS4 and Demon's Souls, two AAA games on the PS3, some of your guy's favorites, yet the graphics are nothing that haven't been matched or surpassed by the 360.

Last edited by BlackStigma on Sat Jul 03, 2010 4:13 am; edited 1 time in total
BlackStigma
BlackStigma
Forum Great

Back to top Go down

Post by Angelus the Wraith Sat Jul 03, 2010 4:12 am

BlackStigma, Square Enix wants people to be immersed in their games. They try to make them look as real as possible.
Angelus the Wraith
Angelus the Wraith
PS3 Nation Greats

http://www.finalfantasyforums.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by BlackStigma Sat Jul 03, 2010 4:14 am

Angelus the Wraith wrote:BlackStigma, Square Enix wants people to be immersed in their games. They try to make them look as real as possible.

You are right, CUTSCENES. It's the cutscenes that look the most realistic. The actual in game graphics have always been good, but never the best.
BlackStigma
BlackStigma
Forum Great

Back to top Go down

Post by Angelus the Wraith Sat Jul 03, 2010 4:16 am

BlackStigma wrote:
Angelus the Wraith wrote:BlackStigma, Square Enix wants people to be immersed in their games. They try to make them look as real as possible.

You are right, CUTSCENES. It's the cutscenes that look the most realistic. The actual in game graphics have always been good, but never the best.

I'm assuming you don't play Square Enix games often.
Angelus the Wraith
Angelus the Wraith
PS3 Nation Greats

Back to top Go down

Post by BlackStigma Sat Jul 03, 2010 4:55 am

Angelus the Wraith wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:

I've played most of the Final Fantasy games, and a lot of the spinoffs too.
BlackStigma
BlackStigma
Forum Great

Back to top Go down

Post by Zillah Sat Jul 03, 2010 5:43 am

Who cares about if it's A,AA,AAA. Gosh.

It'll be good graphics. Better than Killzone 2 or 3, GOW3, Heavy Rain, don't think so.
Zillah
Zillah
Administrator
Administrator

https://www.youtube.com/user/KidZiLLah

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 03, 2010 6:55 am

graphics judging from the pre alpha shots i'd say it will look alot btr but the graphics probly b quite sad in game but great cutscenes

Back to top Go down

Post by igame Sat Jul 03, 2010 11:03 am

BlackStigma wrote:It's published by Square Enix, not Sony, it will look good, but not better than other Sony Published PS3 exclusives like Gow 3.

Idk i mean FFX was one of the best looking games on the ps2, and so were games from Kojima like MGS2, and lets not forget Resident Evil 4. They were all great games that were seen as the best looking games the ps2 had to offer and they were not published by Sony.

igame
igame
Forum Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by SlySonji™ Sat Jul 03, 2010 11:08 am

BlackStigma wrote:
Angelus the Wraith wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:

I've played most of the Final Fantasy games, and a lot of the spinoffs too.

The spinoffs mostly never look good. And one of the main things that FF is known for is its beautiful visuals.. Either way, if the game looks anything like those CGI scenes, we have ourselves a winner.

Nomura said that the gameplay will be just as fluid as in the trailer, meaning that you will be able to control all eleven of those weapons as you would in real life (if you had telekineses of course)
SlySonji™
SlySonji™
PS3 Nation Greats

Back to top Go down

Post by Pizzy3C Sat Jul 03, 2010 3:15 pm

Based on other situation's that have happened I'll say it should be epic... Coming from a disappointing game to the next chapter in the franchise being great...
COD3 to COD4
Uncharted to Uncharted 2
Twisted Metal 4 to Twisted Metal Black
GTA Vice City to GTA San Andreas
BFBC to BFBC2- I really didn't like either of them, but BFBC2 has a decent following

All I can think of, I guess all that's just optimism but I need something to hope for...
Pizzy3C
Pizzy3C
Forum Great

Back to top Go down

Post by SlySonji™ Sat Jul 03, 2010 3:16 pm

Versus isn't a follow up or anything..
SlySonji™
SlySonji™
PS3 Nation Greats

Back to top Go down

Post by Pizzy3C Sat Jul 03, 2010 4:23 pm

neither are half the games I listed...
This formula gives me hope for this year...
Pizzy3C
Pizzy3C
Forum Great

Back to top Go down

Post by BlackStigma Sun Jul 04, 2010 3:54 am

igame wrote:

Idk i mean FFX was one of the best looking games on the ps2, and so were games from Kojima like MGS2, and lets not forget Resident Evil 4. They were all great games that were seen as the best looking games the ps2 had to offer and they were not published by Sony.

PS2 doesn't really matter much here, it's hardware power was weak compared to the Xbox, Sony wasn't trying to go for graphics last gen, but this gen they are and want their exclusives to look better than 360 exclusives.
BlackStigma
BlackStigma
Forum Great

Back to top Go down

Post by Angelus the Wraith Sun Jul 04, 2010 2:09 pm

BlackStigma wrote:
igame wrote:

PS2 doesn't really matter much here, it's hardware power was weak compared to the Xbox, Sony wasn't trying to go for graphics last gen, but this gen they are and want their exclusives to look better than 360 exclusives.

Sony is always trying to prove the capabilities of PlayStation. Square Enix is always trying to immerse you in their games by making them look as real as possible.
Angelus the Wraith
Angelus the Wraith
PS3 Nation Greats

Back to top Go down

Post by igame Mon Jul 05, 2010 1:19 am

BlackStigma wrote:
igame wrote:

Sony did make games that pushed the ps2 last gen, Gran Turismo , God of War , Shadow of the Colossus, Ico, Ratchet and Clank, Jack, whether they were aiming to make a game look real or artistic it still pushed the ps2. Just because it was weaker than Xbox don't mean that they weren't gonna try to push the hardware power.

Either way my point is that 3rd party developers can make games just as good as 1st party developers, they did last gen and they can certainly do it this gen. Just look at Crysis 2...enough said.

igame
igame
Forum Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down