Welcome to the PS3 Nation! Please feel free to sign up and make sure you check your inbox as soon as you do! Enjoy your time spent here!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the PS3 Nation! Please feel free to sign up and make sure you check your inbox as soon as you do! Enjoy your time spent here!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Confirmed: "Gran Turismo 6" Is In Development

5 posters

Go down

Confirmed: "Gran Turismo 6" Is In Development Empty Confirmed: "Gran Turismo 6" Is In Development

Post by CyberpunkCentral Thu Nov 04, 2010 2:02 pm

Confirmed: "Gran Turismo 6" Is In Development Granturismo5

Polyphony head Kazunori Yamauchi is currently in Las Vegas for the 2010 SEMA Show, a trade-only conference all about the motoring industry. As such, he’s been giving interviews with a few publications and Autoweek has picked his brains about Gran Turismo 5.

The car he’s chosen this year to win the SEMA Gran Turismo award is this 1969 Chevy Camero, which got the Best In Show award. “This year’s winner is going to be in the next Gran Turismo installment, which I’m presuming will be Gran Turismo 6,” asks Autoweek.

“It’s probably too late for Gran Turismo 5, right?” says the website, to which Kaz replies “right”, before being asked, “Is development underway on GT6?”

“Yeah,” is the succinct reply. “It’s not something that we can talk that lightly on. It took 2,000 days to get all the ideas that went into GT5. It’s just too early to be talking about GT6.”
He also talks about the real reason for the recent delay. “It was really to adjust it so it would be perfect,” he says, before mentioning his first release, Motor Toon GP, and how that was released far too early. “That was something I regretted very much when that happened because I knew it was coming,” he confides.

“And that happened at the beginning of my career, and it was something I vowed would never happen again.”

Finally, he confirms that there won’t be engine swaps in Gran Turismo 5. “No, engine swaps,” he says, “you can’t do that.”

Source: thesixthaxis
CyberpunkCentral
CyberpunkCentral
PS3 Nation Greats

https://www.youtube.com/user/CyberpunkCentral?feature=mhw4

Back to top Go down

Confirmed: "Gran Turismo 6" Is In Development Empty Re: Confirmed: "Gran Turismo 6" Is In Development

Post by Reaper Thu Nov 04, 2010 3:41 pm

I think they should see if GT5 is a success before starting on GT6. And before you flame the fuck out of me CC just hear me out, they have spent like 5 years making this game non-stop...that must have taken a shitload of money to produce this game. They would have to sell several million just to cover the cost of development...
Reaper
Reaper

Back to top Go down

Confirmed: "Gran Turismo 6" Is In Development Empty Re: Confirmed: "Gran Turismo 6" Is In Development

Post by CyberpunkCentral Thu Nov 04, 2010 3:57 pm

Reaper wrote:I think they should see if GT5 is a success before starting on GT6. And before you flame the fuck out of me CC just hear me out, they have spent like 5 years making this game non-stop...that must have taken a shitload of money to produce this game. They would have to sell several million just to cover the cost of development...

"Alan Wake" was in development for 6 years, and Remedy Entertainment is already considering a sequel. Despite the fact that the game didn't do so great sales wise. My point is games take over 5 years to develop all the time. It's not a big deal. Well it is a big deal if you're a fan of the franchise, but you guys act like this is the next "Duke Nukem Forever".

Oh and "Gran Turismo 5" cost $60 million to develop. It will make it's budget back.
CyberpunkCentral
CyberpunkCentral
PS3 Nation Greats

https://www.youtube.com/user/CyberpunkCentral?feature=mhw4

Back to top Go down

Post by MEGAlan Fri Nov 05, 2010 1:05 am

Wow CC, that was actually a great response. I agree 100%.
MEGAlan
MEGAlan
Forum Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Stoney Fri Nov 05, 2010 1:18 am

CyberpunkCentral wrote:
Reaper wrote:I think they should see if GT5 is a success before starting on GT6. And before you flame the fuck out of me CC just hear me out, they have spent like 5 years making this game non-stop...that must have taken a shitload of money to produce this game. They would have to sell several million just to cover the cost of development...

"Alan Wake" was in development for 6 years, and Remedy Entertainment is already considering a sequel. Despite the fact that the game didn't do so great sales wise. My point is games take over 5 years to develop all the time. It's not a big deal. Well it is a big deal if you're a fan of the franchise, but you guys act like this is the next "Duke Nukem Forever".

Oh and "Gran Turismo 5" cost $60 million to develop. It will make it's budget back.

They will make that back by just breaking the million mark, if it also includes advertisement. No problem.
Stoney
Stoney
Forum Great

Back to top Go down

Post by TheJubJub5721 Fri Nov 05, 2010 10:26 pm

Lets get GT5 released first...
TheJubJub5721
TheJubJub5721
PS3 Nation Greats

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down