Welcome to the PS3 Nation! Please feel free to sign up and make sure you check your inbox as soon as you do! Enjoy your time spent here!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the PS3 Nation! Please feel free to sign up and make sure you check your inbox as soon as you do! Enjoy your time spent here!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ever get made fun because you like to play video games?

+10
igame
adro
BlackStigma
TWILIGHTRULEZZZ
Epzaos
TRF
SlySonji™
TheJubJub5721
solidstudios
Padders
14 posters

Go down

Ever get made fun because you like to play video games? Empty Ever get made fun because you like to play video games?

Post by Padders Sat Oct 09, 2010 2:28 pm

As the topic title says.

Yes, I have been made fun of because I like playing video games. I've been playing video games for a very long time (since NES) and started to really into it since playstation 1. Gaming is my hobby. My first 2 years of high school weren't very good. Students in my class made fun of me because I stated that I like playing games a few hours a day.

Also get a fair bit of sh!t from frag heads for the types of games I play (FF, WKC, VC) lol. Got a few douches that fail troll my facebook saying that Square Enix makes games for faggots blah blah blah. I like to throw a bone at them saying that FPS requires no skill and its quite funny reading that their replys.
Padders
Padders
Fanboy

Back to top Go down

Ever get made fun because you like to play video games? Empty Re: Ever get made fun because you like to play video games?

Post by solidstudios Sat Oct 09, 2010 2:44 pm

yeah I've been made fun of for playing Zelda Metal Gear, etc.
solidstudios
solidstudios

https://www.youtube.com/solidstudios98

Back to top Go down

Ever get made fun because you like to play video games? Empty Re: Ever get made fun because you like to play video games?

Post by TheJubJub5721 Sat Oct 09, 2010 2:47 pm

I do occasionally but its not bad. A lot of people at my school game as well (although not as much as me) so they can't really say anything without making a total ass out of themselves. But it's just a hobby, I don't see how it has to be made fun of.
TheJubJub5721
TheJubJub5721
PS3 Nation Greats

Back to top Go down

Post by SlySonji™ Sat Oct 09, 2010 2:49 pm

Padders wrote:As the topic title says.

Yes, I have been made fun of because I like playing video games. I've been playing video games for a very long time (since NES) and started to really into it since playstation 1. Gaming is my hobby. My first 2 years of high school weren't very good. Students in my class made fun of me because I stated that I like playing games a few hours a day.

Also get a fair bit of sh!t from frag heads for the types of games I play (FF, WKC, VC) lol. Got a few douches that fail troll my facebook saying that Square Enix makes games for faggots blah blah blah. I like to throw a bone at them saying that FPS requires no skill and its quite funny reading that their replys.

I used to. Until I hit 6'3

I used to get made fun of mostly because of FF and LoZ
SlySonji™
SlySonji™
PS3 Nation Greats

Back to top Go down

Post by TheJubJub5721 Sat Oct 09, 2010 2:55 pm

SlySonji™ wrote:
Padders wrote:As the topic title says.

I used to. Until I hit 6'3

I used to get made fun of mostly because of FF and LoZ

Yeah, the size factor helps. BEING TALL FTW
TheJubJub5721
TheJubJub5721
PS3 Nation Greats

Back to top Go down

Post by TRF Sat Oct 09, 2010 3:23 pm

Surprisingly, no. I can act like a total nerd and no one really cares (they usually end up laughing).
TRF
TRF
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.ign.com/blogs/Z0mb33Sl4y3r/

Back to top Go down

Post by Epzaos Sat Oct 09, 2010 3:40 pm

Once, two of my cousin's friends told me that i'm "Addicted" because i played too much (Yeah, playing a game on my GBA for 30 minutes was addiction according to them), plus they didn't know shit about gaming and had a really bad taste in games(Boring sport games that nobody plays).
I didn't talked back to them, i simply ignored them.
I still remeber how bad i was owning them at Soul Calibur II.
Epzaos
Epzaos
Forum Great

https://www.youtube.com/user/azazel166

Back to top Go down

Post by TWILIGHTRULEZZZ Sat Oct 09, 2010 6:33 pm

TRF wrote:(they usually end up laughing).

Yeah at YOU !

anyway, I never get anything like that as nearly every person (male) has either a 360 or a PS3, some put more time in to gaming than others. you just got to balance it out.
TWILIGHTRULEZZZ
TWILIGHTRULEZZZ
Forum Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by BlackStigma Sat Oct 09, 2010 6:56 pm

No, never. I am sometimes told I play too much though. A lot of the people at my school play video games. In gym there was this really hot chick talking about how good she was in MW2. It was kind of a big wtf to me at first, but then I thought about it and realized that it's not so surprising. I do avoid mentioning JRPGs though.
BlackStigma
BlackStigma
Forum Great

Back to top Go down

Post by SlySonji™ Sat Oct 09, 2010 7:04 pm

BlackStigma wrote:No, never. I am sometimes told I play too much though. A lot of the people at my school play video games. In gym there was this really hot chick talking about how good she was in MW2. It was kind of a big wtf to me at first, but then I thought about it and realized that it's not so surprising. I do avoid mentioning JRPGs though.

Define ''hot''
SlySonji™
SlySonji™
PS3 Nation Greats

Back to top Go down

Post by TRF Sat Oct 09, 2010 7:10 pm

mikenuge wrote:
TRF wrote:(they usually end up laughing).

Yeah at YOU !
Nah, it's because I'm so damn funny and full of charm and personality. Cool
TRF
TRF
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.ign.com/blogs/Z0mb33Sl4y3r/

Back to top Go down

Post by BlackStigma Sat Oct 09, 2010 7:15 pm

SlySonji™ wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:No, never. I am sometimes told I play too much though. A lot of the people at my school play video games. In gym there was this really hot chick talking about how good she was in MW2. It was kind of a big wtf to me at first, but then I thought about it and realized that it's not so surprising. I do avoid mentioning JRPGs though.

Define ''hot''

Well she wasn't "really hot", but she was still hot. With a 5 being average I'd say she was a 7/10.
BlackStigma
BlackStigma
Forum Great

Back to top Go down

Post by adro Sat Oct 09, 2010 8:44 pm

Epzaos wrote:Once, two of my cousin's friends told me that i'm "Addicted" because i played too much (Yeah, playing a game on my GBA for 30 minutes was addiction according to them)

same thing for me (except that I used to spend all night playing Dead;Fried), never anyone made fun of me for VG, but I hate when someone says "aren't you too old for this ?"
adro
adro
Forum Great

Back to top Go down

Post by igame Sat Oct 09, 2010 11:32 pm

not really
igame
igame
Forum Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Stoney Sun Oct 10, 2010 12:08 am

Seen as none of my real close friends even have a console, they sometimes take the piss. But if they knew I was on a forum talking about videogames it would be never ending abuse. Laughing
Stoney
Stoney
Forum Great

Back to top Go down

Post by Zillah Sun Oct 10, 2010 12:33 am

Na. I've never had anyone come up to me like "YOU PLAY VIDEO GAMES! HAHA!"
Cause I get laid. Jk. ROFL
Zillah
Zillah
Administrator
Administrator

https://www.youtube.com/user/KidZiLLah

Back to top Go down

Post by TheJubJub5721 Sun Oct 10, 2010 12:41 am

Zillah wrote:Na. I've never had anyone come up to me like "YOU PLAY VIDEO GAMES! HAHA!"

Facepalm
TheJubJub5721
TheJubJub5721
PS3 Nation Greats

Back to top Go down

Post by TWILIGHTRULEZZZ Sun Oct 10, 2010 12:46 am

TheJubJub5721 wrote:
Zillah wrote:Na. I've never had anyone come up to me like "YOU PLAY VIDEO GAMES! HAHA!"

Facepalm

Zillah In Banana For Facepalm Facepalm Facepalm Facepalm Facepalm Facepalm Facepalm Facepalm
TWILIGHTRULEZZZ
TWILIGHTRULEZZZ
Forum Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by TheJubJub5721 Sun Oct 10, 2010 12:47 am

mikenuge wrote:
TheJubJub5721 wrote:

Facepalm

Zillah In Banana For Facepalm Facepalm Facepalm Facepalm Facepalm Facepalm Facepalm Facepalm
Nice!
TheJubJub5721
TheJubJub5721
PS3 Nation Greats

Back to top Go down

Post by sulley Wed Oct 13, 2010 9:26 pm

i used to get made fun of a bit at school because i love RPGs and anime/manga and i dont really like FPS games as they would all talk about COD and i didnt really care. it doesnt happen now as the RPG genre has become more mainstream with gamers now.
sulley
sulley
Fanboy

https://www.youtube.com/user/sulley1993

Back to top Go down

Post by Teckno Wed Oct 13, 2010 9:32 pm

Not really...
Well, mostly because I never really talk about video games at school...
Teckno
Teckno

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down