Welcome to the PS3 Nation! Please feel free to sign up and make sure you check your inbox as soon as you do! Enjoy your time spent here!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the PS3 Nation! Please feel free to sign up and make sure you check your inbox as soon as you do! Enjoy your time spent here!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

360 dying / loosing the war

+10
gamer22
TRF
solidstudios
yonny616
xxDEATH METALxx
NoelX2
SlySonji™
gow
CyberpunkCentral
adro
14 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

360 dying / loosing the war Empty 360 dying / loosing the war

Post by adro Sat Aug 21, 2010 4:03 pm

some of you are like "duh!!" and others "hell no"...

I know the 360 is not dying, sales and everything are ok...

- however the "exclusives" i think they are, well first most of the recent game didn't live up to the hype metro, Crackdown 2... Alan Wake sure was a good game, but you can't say it was as good as expected, same with conviction.
and the only big "blockbuster" game this year was me2, wich after all is coming to the PS3.

upcoming "big games" are Halo reach, Fable 3 and except gears 3 nothing as big is coming next year. if we compare it to the PS3 line-up... you know.

and one thing i noticed the 360 seems getting less games year after year, whil the PS3 seem to get more and more.
360PS3
200625 games 3 games
2007 18 games 10 games
200813 games 18 games
20099 games 15 games

- and for multiplat games being superior on 360, well first we see that less and less, and even when a game is inferior it's berly noticeable. secondly most developers shifted to the ps3 as the lead platform, and most anticipated upcoming game are using the ps3 as lead platform (Vanquish, Assassin's Cred: Brotherhood, Castelvania Los, Medal of Honor...)

- Kinect is coming, and successful or not, Kinect it's not for gamers. and the really bad thing about it is M$ seems focusing on it too much, and leaving the hardcore. the proof is the last e3 all they showed are games we already knew ther coming.
the PSMove well the move proved that it's hardcore, and the ps3 is getting some more games thanks to it, Virtua tennis 4 being most recent example...

- developers support, Bungie which everyone (i think) agree it's m$ biggest developer, is now devloping for the ps3, valve now is deloping for ps3... all what m$ still got is 1st party studios, wich all ther working at right now is Kinect...

what do you think.

adro
adro
Forum Great

Back to top Go down

360 dying / loosing the war Empty Re: 360 dying / loosing the war

Post by CyberpunkCentral Sat Aug 21, 2010 4:50 pm

Great post =)

Yeah Xbox 360 having the surperior multiplats isn't true anymore.
CyberpunkCentral
CyberpunkCentral
PS3 Nation Greats

https://www.youtube.com/user/CyberpunkCentral?feature=mhw4

Back to top Go down

Post by gow Sat Aug 21, 2010 5:35 pm

the 360's 2011 lineup is so bad that I have to buy Bulletstorm/ Crysis 2/ Brink/ for it
gow
gow
Fanboy

Back to top Go down

Post by SlySonji™ Sat Aug 21, 2010 6:04 pm

I think Kinect will fail simply because no casual gamer (remember, most casuals don't already own a 360) will pay $400 for Kinect/360 when a $200 Wii is sitting right there. And do not go into that soccer mom crap. A mom rather buy their child a console that is:

A) Cheaper

B) Has familiar faces like Mario, Link, Peach etc. (You know they love them Wink

C) The Wii has the casual approach. Is that not what it's known for?

On another note, good speculation!
SlySonji™
SlySonji™
PS3 Nation Greats

Back to top Go down

Post by NoelX2 Sat Aug 21, 2010 6:58 pm

Its just focusing on Kinect...Kinect here, Kinect there, Kinect everywhere!
NoelX2
NoelX2
Forum Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by xxDEATH METALxx Sat Aug 21, 2010 7:09 pm

NoelX2 wrote:Its just focusing on Kinect...Kinect here, Kinect there, Kinect everywhere!

MS should focus on there hardcore titles...
xxDEATH METALxx
xxDEATH METALxx
Forum Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by yonny616 Sat Aug 21, 2010 8:53 pm

Xbox 360 exclusives are going down the drain. At this years Gamescom PS3 stole their highest rated "multiplat not on PS3" lol.
yonny616
yonny616
Forum Great

https://www.youtube.com/user/MrYonny616

Back to top Go down

Post by solidstudios Sat Aug 21, 2010 11:11 pm

xxDEATH METALxx wrote:
NoelX2 wrote:Its just focusing on Kinect...Kinect here, Kinect there, Kinect everywhere!

i think MS just focuses where the money is
solidstudios
solidstudios

https://www.youtube.com/solidstudios98

Back to top Go down

Post by TRF Sun Aug 22, 2010 2:13 am

solidstudios wrote:
xxDEATH METALxx wrote:

The ironic thing is that there's no money for them to be making in the casual market.
TRF
TRF
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.ign.com/blogs/Z0mb33Sl4y3r/

Back to top Go down

Post by solidstudios Sun Aug 22, 2010 3:01 am

ŦЯӺ wrote:
solidstudios wrote:
xxDEATH METALxx wrote:

The ironic thing is that there's no money for them to be making in the casual market.
exactly, because Nintendo has hold of it with an iron grip
solidstudios
solidstudios

https://www.youtube.com/solidstudios98

Back to top Go down

Post by NoelX2 Sun Aug 22, 2010 3:07 am

solidstudios wrote:
ŦЯӺ wrote:
solidstudios wrote:
xxDEATH METALxx wrote:

So whats the point?
NoelX2
NoelX2
Forum Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by TRF Sun Aug 22, 2010 3:12 am

NoelX2 wrote:
solidstudios wrote:
ŦЯӺ wrote:
solidstudios wrote:
xxDEATH METALxx wrote:

So whats the point?
Micro$oft is stupid, that's the point. They're putting all of their effort into a market that they will be lucky if they even secure 5% of. This is a market where motion controls are wildly popular and first-party games are a necessity. Nintendo's got motion controls down, and Sony has the first-party games down. M$ is left in the middle scrounging for third-party support since their first-party studios are wasting their time make software for shoddy hardware.
TRF
TRF
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.ign.com/blogs/Z0mb33Sl4y3r/

Back to top Go down

Post by SlySonji™ Sun Aug 22, 2010 4:44 am

ŦЯӺ wrote:
NoelX2 wrote:
solidstudios wrote:
ŦЯӺ wrote:
solidstudios wrote:
xxDEATH METALxx wrote:

So whats the point?
Micro$oft is stupid, that's the point. They're putting all of their effort into a market that they will be lucky if they even secure 5% of. This is a market where motion controls are wildly popular and first-party games are a necessity. Nintendo's got motion controls down, and Sony has the first-party games down. M$ is left in the middle scrounging for third-party support since their first-party studios are wasting their time make software for shoddy hardware.

Well said TRF, well said.
SlySonji™
SlySonji™
PS3 Nation Greats

Back to top Go down

Post by gamer22 Sun Aug 22, 2010 7:58 am

There is no war to win or lose at this point. This isn't the scenarios we had in the past where a system would sell 70 million units and the closest competitor is 12 million. Now one console is dominating to the extent where developers will voluntarily only support one platform.

The 360/PS3 sales difference is peanuts. A 4 million difference? No one gives a ****. When you have a 30 or 40 million difference then we're talking business. That's when a console can monopolize games.

And before anyone brings up the Wii, Wii may be ahead by each system individually but together they have the same base of gamers. Developers prefer to make games for the HD gamer than the Wii gamer.

gamer22
Fanboy

Back to top Go down

Post by HellJumper Sun Aug 22, 2010 4:07 pm

Y'know,one thing the Xbox Republic has over the PS3 Nation is that in the Sony section,we talk either neutral or positive about PS3.Likes is upcoming games,favorite ps3 game ect.

Here,in the MS section all I see is 360 and MS bashing.Instead of "what is your favorite 360 game" its "360 dying / loosing the war"

For that reason I say bullshit to anyone here who claims the XR is more filled with fanboys.Just thought id say this
HellJumper
HellJumper
Fanboy

Back to top Go down

Post by igame Sun Aug 22, 2010 4:19 pm

HellJumper wrote:Y'know,one thing the Xbox Republic has over the PS3 Nation is that in the Sony section,we talk either neutral or positive about PS3.Likes is upcoming games,favorite ps3 game ect.

Here,in the MS section all I see is 360 and MS bashing.Instead of "what is your favorite 360 game" its "360 dying / loosing the war"

For that reason I say bullshit to anyone here who claims the XR is more filled with fanboys.Just thought id say this

Why don't you post things like that when your here then?
igame
igame
Forum Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by SlySonji™ Sun Aug 22, 2010 4:21 pm

HellJumper wrote:Y'know,one thing the Xbox Republic has over the PS3 Nation is that in the Sony section,we talk either neutral or positive about PS3.Likes is upcoming games,favorite ps3 game ect.

Yet, in every positive thread in the Sony section, you all talk shit about it and downplay it.

A blind man could tell that the XBR has more fanboys.

SlySonji™
SlySonji™
PS3 Nation Greats

Back to top Go down

Post by Gutzahn Sun Aug 22, 2010 4:27 pm

Look at this Masterchief Guy for example... all he says all day long is QFT, and we dont ban you for praising Halo and stuff.
I was banned from the XR because i said, that i dont think that Halo reach will be the new King in the graphics department. WTF?
And all most of XR's guys do in the Sony-Section is saying: "Uncharted really isnt good, i woul rate it low aa" and "Halo will be better omqwtfbbq"
And finaly ,we dont have a single person over here, that is as fanatic, hypocratic or butthurt as MLD.
Gutzahn
Gutzahn
Forum Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Zillah Sun Aug 22, 2010 4:42 pm

So, let me Super fucking Negate you for a minute fine sir:

If a random gamer was to go to the XBR, HONESTLY, if he bashes the 360, could he stay?
Yet, you come here and BASH the PS3, arguably, and all you get is negative feedback.

If you want to talk about M$ so much, go back to the Denial-Republic (I say that because MLD doesn't want to take ME2 off the 360 list ROFLTEHFUCKINGCOPTERZ ROFL )

Yeah. Sure we might point out flaws on Microsoft more than pros, but what's the wrong. Don't you do the same for MS at the Republic.
*blows pistol*
Zillah
Zillah
Administrator
Administrator

https://www.youtube.com/user/KidZiLLah

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 22, 2010 4:50 pm

dude ur a failure and a pathetic retarded fanboyXR has more fanboys go fuck off and stop crying about it here, i remember when ALL the republic threatening to ban me because i had a picture of sACKBOY.

Back to top Go down

Post by Zillah Sun Aug 22, 2010 4:51 pm

tahmidk wrote:

dude ur a failure and a pathetic retarded fanboyXR has more fanboys go fuck off and stop crying about it here, i remember when ALL the republic threatening to ban me because i had a picture of sACKBOY.

Dude you troll at a forum that is made for the console you love. 20 times out of 10, you were trollin'.
Zillah
Zillah
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by HellJumper Sun Aug 22, 2010 6:01 pm

Hahaha see my point.

Of course im not gonna argue with any of you guys.Most people here(most online people) seem to be ps3 fanboys.One of the few guys I would even debate with is TRF.Because TRF is cool and isnt "360 is gonna die,PS3 rulez and every dev loves sony!!!"

All I see here is failed attempts to bash me and the XR.
HellJumper
HellJumper
Fanboy

Back to top Go down

Post by adro Sun Aug 22, 2010 6:30 pm

HellJumper wrote:Hahaha see my point.

Of course im not gonna argue with any of you guys.Most people here(most online people) seem to be ps3 fanboys.One of the few guys I would even debate with is TRF.Because TRF is cool and isnt "360 is gonna die,PS3 rulez and every dev loves sony!!!"

ok, and what's so fanboy about the thread, or did you just read the title.
adro
adro
Forum Great

Back to top Go down

Post by Zillah Sun Aug 22, 2010 6:36 pm

Dude, I was right. If you think it's majority fanboys, but you go to the XR, and say it's different? Get outta here. They're just on YOUR side.
I don't like the 360, probably bash it all the time, I can say i'm not a fanboy though. I play my Wii AND my PS3, with my DS on the side.
I can be considered as Anti-360, cause I don't like it.

In the end, it's just a game. Lighten Up.
Zillah
Zillah
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by xxDEATH METALxx Sun Aug 22, 2010 6:46 pm

Not everyone on this site is a fanboy. There are some members who are fanboys. However when i look at the Republic i see more fanboys...
xxDEATH METALxx
xxDEATH METALxx
Forum Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next