Welcome to the PS3 Nation! Please feel free to sign up and make sure you check your inbox as soon as you do! Enjoy your time spent here!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the PS3 Nation! Please feel free to sign up and make sure you check your inbox as soon as you do! Enjoy your time spent here!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Only Resident Evil 5 Gold Edition Will Support PlayStation Move

4 posters

Go down

Only Resident Evil 5 Gold Edition Will Support PlayStation Move  Empty Only Resident Evil 5 Gold Edition Will Support PlayStation Move

Post by SlySonji™ Wed Jul 28, 2010 3:54 am

Only Resident Evil 5 Gold Edition Will Support PlayStation Move  Only-Resident-Evil-5-Gold-Edition-Will-Support-PlayStation-Move

Capcom confirmed today that PlayStation 3 owners eager to revisit Resident Evil 5 with Sony’s upcoming PlayStation Move motion controller will only be able to do so if they own a copy of Resident Evil 5 Gold Edition.

The RE5 developer explained on their European site that it is impossible to add Move support to the original RE5, because the game was “in development for several years before PlayStation Move even existed as a concept for Sony,” and that, “Short of building a time machine, going back in time and recoding the game so we can patch control schemes on it in the future there is nothing we can do.”

However, when the time rolled around to release RE5GE, Capcom was able to add in code “to allow prototype Move to work” with the game, which Capcom then demoed during Tokyo Game Show 2009. And because this temp code was installed, Capcom will release a patch on September 14 that will add Move capabilities to the game.

Capcom will also be re-releasing the gold edition but with Move support included on the disc. The new gold edition will release on September 15, the day Move goes on sale.

Anyone out there own the original RE5 and planning to pick up Move? Do you think you’d throw to pick up the Move-enabled version?

SlySonji™
SlySonji™
PS3 Nation Greats

Back to top Go down

Only Resident Evil 5 Gold Edition Will Support PlayStation Move  Empty Re: Only Resident Evil 5 Gold Edition Will Support PlayStation Move

Post by Zillah Wed Jul 28, 2010 5:31 am

I hope they do it for RE5 period. Cause I had it before it was a Gold Edition. =/
Zillah
Zillah
Administrator
Administrator

https://www.youtube.com/user/KidZiLLah

Back to top Go down

Only Resident Evil 5 Gold Edition Will Support PlayStation Move  Empty Re: Only Resident Evil 5 Gold Edition Will Support PlayStation Move

Post by TRF Wed Jul 28, 2010 6:02 am

ʑɪʃʃȺɧ wrote:I hope they do it for RE5 period. Cause I had it before it was a Gold Edition. =/
According to the article, it won't work for anything but the Gold Edition because Capcom put in special coding in the game to allow it to work with Move a few months after it came out.
TRF
TRF
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.ign.com/blogs/Z0mb33Sl4y3r/

Back to top Go down

Post by AnAsianKid Wed Jul 28, 2010 8:28 am

Meh I've already beaten the game 3 times so I could care less about it getting move support
AnAsianKid
AnAsianKid
Forum Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Zillah Wed Jul 28, 2010 10:19 am

AnAsianKid wrote:Meh I've already beaten the game 3 times so I could care less about it getting move support
You're right.
I'm just beating it now for the plat. =/
Zillah
Zillah
Administrator
Administrator

https://www.youtube.com/user/KidZiLLah

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down