Welcome to the PS3 Nation! Please feel free to sign up and make sure you check your inbox as soon as you do! Enjoy your time spent here!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the PS3 Nation! Please feel free to sign up and make sure you check your inbox as soon as you do! Enjoy your time spent here!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

"MGS4 Has too many cutscenes, and not enough gameplay"

+3
Gutzahn
TRF
xxDEATH METALxx
7 posters

Go down

"MGS4 Has too many cutscenes, and not enough gameplay" Empty "MGS4 Has too many cutscenes, and not enough gameplay"

Post by Guest Tue Jun 01, 2010 10:37 am

that is what a retarded person who lived his life in a hole with michael jackson would say.
MGS4 has a boat load of gameplay and the gameplay time is longer then the custcene times. the people who say this dont even own MGS4 nor have they played it and i find it rather pathetic. And cutscenes are ok as long as they look nice and are intereseting. and the MGS franchise is unrivaled in the story department and the cutscene department. so the more cutscenes the better. i think the 360 weebols are just jealous a bit, no make that alot!

MGS4 is still by this day my favourite game of this GEN, JUST LIKE mgs3 was my favourite as last gen and my 2nd fav of that gen was mgs2. Although i'll be honest i didnt really like the first MGS. But i just memorized the entire MGS encyclopedia so i never get confused.

Back to top Go down

"MGS4 Has too many cutscenes, and not enough gameplay" Empty Re: "MGS4 Has too many cutscenes, and not enough gameplay"

Post by xxDEATH METALxx Tue Jun 01, 2010 10:53 am

Because they are down right ignorant and jealous of the reviews, how good it is and how they can't play it. Also i don't get why they complain because you can just skip the cutscenes, but for me the cutscenes blend well with the gameplay.
xxDEATH METALxx
xxDEATH METALxx
Forum Regular

Back to top Go down

"MGS4 Has too many cutscenes, and not enough gameplay" Empty Re: "MGS4 Has too many cutscenes, and not enough gameplay"

Post by TRF Tue Jun 01, 2010 12:00 pm

I would have to agree with the quote. The only reason I put off playing all the way through MGS4 is because it's a time sink due to all of the cutscenes.

So yes. Too many cutscenes, not enough gameplay. I'm sorry your precious game is flawed. Sad
TRF
TRF
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.ign.com/blogs/Z0mb33Sl4y3r/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 01, 2010 1:29 pm

TRF wrote:I would have to agree with the quote. The only reason I put off playing all the way through MGS4 is because it's a time sink due to all of the cutscenes.

So yes. Too many cutscenes, not enough gameplay. I'm sorry your precious game is flawed. Sad
lol i could say halo has not enough cutscenes and too much gameplay so the story is utter shit.

Back to top Go down

Post by Gutzahn Tue Jun 01, 2010 1:48 pm

Lol even with the cutscenes it has more hours of gameplay than almost every other game.
Gutzahn
Gutzahn
Forum Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Reaper Tue Jun 01, 2010 4:53 pm

The Metal Gear franchise is well known for its epic story and long cutscenes...why this fact is new to 360 fanboys i will never understand, perhaps its because its only on PS3 Rolling Eyes
Reaper
Reaper

Back to top Go down

Post by TWILIGHTRULEZZZ Tue Jun 01, 2010 4:55 pm

MGS series has always been based around story.

There is no point of the game play if you have no story and MGS delivers on that, anyway it's stealth espionage, no run and gunning like in every other shooter out there.

MSG4 is my favourite game this gen and it will not change - simply because of story,
TWILIGHTRULEZZZ
TWILIGHTRULEZZZ
Forum Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by TRF Tue Jun 01, 2010 5:34 pm

tahmidk wrote:
TRF wrote:I would have to agree with the quote. The only reason I put off playing all the way through MGS4 is because it's a time sink due to all of the cutscenes.

lol i could say halo has not enough cutscenes and too much gameplay so the story is utter shit.
And I would not disagree with you there. The story isn't presented well enough, so I think more cutscenes are needed or the cutscenes need to be at least done better.

I know developers want to make games as cinematic as possible, but they have to keep in mind that it's still a game.
TRF
TRF
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 01, 2010 5:42 pm

TRF wrote:
tahmidk wrote:

And I would not disagree with you there. The story isn't presented well enough, so I think more cutscenes are needed or the cutscenes need to be at least done better.

I know developers want to make games as cinematic as possible, but they have to keep in mind that it's still a game.
MGS4's cutscenes are the best done and there interactive

Back to top Go down

Post by solidstudios Tue Jun 01, 2010 6:34 pm

MGS is meant to tell an epic story so thats why theres alot of cut scenes. cant put it any simpler than that
solidstudios
solidstudios

https://www.youtube.com/solidstudios98

Back to top Go down

Post by Angelus the Wraith Tue Jun 01, 2010 6:59 pm

I didn't mind the cut-scenes at all, I even think they added to the experience.
Besides, if you can skip them, there can never be too many.
Angelus the Wraith
Angelus the Wraith
PS3 Nation Greats

http://www.finalfantasyforums.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by TRF Tue Jun 01, 2010 9:42 pm

tahmidk wrote:
TRF wrote:
tahmidk wrote:

MGS4's cutscenes are the best done and there interactive
I was talking about Halo when I said, "They need to be done better."
TRF
TRF
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down