Welcome to the PS3 Nation! Please feel free to sign up and make sure you check your inbox as soon as you do! Enjoy your time spent here!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the PS3 Nation! Please feel free to sign up and make sure you check your inbox as soon as you do! Enjoy your time spent here!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PS3: The console for JRPG's?

+5
Angelus the Wraith
CyberpunkCentral
BlackStigma
Reaper
SlySonji™
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

PS3: The console for JRPG's? Empty PS3: The console for JRPG's?

Post by SlySonji™ Fri May 28, 2010 11:36 am

I'm editing this because some of these games were false and I hadn't realized it. This list now includes PSN downloadables. This list also includes games that you can play from the PS2 and PS1 generations. (IF you have a PS3 that is backwards compatible.) If 360 fanboys can mention fake exclusives, I can mention ones through download of previous generations. If you wish to counter these with JRPG's on the Xbox, Xbox 360, or those that you can purchase online, go ahead.

Final Fantasy Versus XIII (It may go multiplat, but for now, its exclusive. Deal with it.)

Kingdom Hearts III (Its announced. Nomura said that they will definitely be working on it after they reach a certain point with Versus. And it being a Wii exclusive wouldn't make much sense. If the last two were on the Playstation 2, theres a 90% chance it will go over to the Playstation 3. For now we can safely assume it is a PS3 exclusive.)

White Knight Chronicles (I enjoyed this game.)
Demon's Souls
Valkyrie Chronicles
Disgaea 3
Final Fantasy VII
Final Fantasy VIII
Final Fantasy IX
Wild Arms
Koudelka
Chrono Cross
Xenogears
Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3 and Persona 4
Tales of Legendia
Dark Cloud (Dark Chronicle)
Arc
Grandia
Legaia
XenoSaga

Thats about it. If you find some more, please state.

Last edited by Sonji on Sat May 29, 2010 3:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
SlySonji™
SlySonji™
PS3 Nation Greats

Back to top Go down

PS3: The console for JRPG's? Empty Re: PS3: The console for JRPG's?

Post by Reaper Fri May 28, 2010 11:44 am

The good thing about the PS3 is that you can import these games from Japan if you cant wait for the US or EU release dates ( fuckin Demons Souls isnt even out here yet! ) and they will work on your console.
Reaper
Reaper

Back to top Go down

Post by BlackStigma Fri May 28, 2010 10:05 pm

Sonji wrote:I know thats why I got mine. For games that I'v been waiting for FOREVER to be released. In my opinion, for RPG/JRPG games, the PS3 is the place to go.

Final Fantasy Versus XIII
Kingdom Hearts III
The Last Guardian
White Knight Chronicles
Tales of Vesperia
Demon's Souls
3D Dot Game Heroes
Shin Megami Tensei
Vandal Hearts Flame of Judgement

That had to be fixed, the 360 and PS3 are even in terms of RPGs. 360 has Fable, Lost Odyssey, Blue Dragon, and console exclusive Mass Effect. And I crossed out WKC cause it sucks. And there are games like Infinite Undiscovery, Last Remnant, Magna Carta 2, and they have a similar Metacritic Score.

And you can add Disgaea 3 and Valkyrie Chronicles to that list.

Last edited by BlackStigma on Fri May 28, 2010 10:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
BlackStigma
BlackStigma
Forum Great

Back to top Go down

Post by Reaper Fri May 28, 2010 10:30 pm

BlackStigma wrote:
Sonji wrote:I know thats why I got mine. For games that I'v been waiting for FOREVER to be released. In my opinion, for RPG/JRPG games, the PS3 is the place to go.

Kingdom Hearts III
The Last Guardian
White Knight Chronicles
Tales of Vesperia
Demon's Souls
3D Dot Game Heroes
Shin Megami Tensei

That had to be fixed, the 360 and PS3 are even in terms of RPGs. 360 has Fable, Lost Odyssey, Blue Dragon, and console exclusive Mass Effect. And I crossed out WKC cause it sucks. And there are games like Infinite Undiscovery, Last Remnant, Magna Carta 2, and they have a similar Metacritic Score.

And you can add Disgaea 3 to that list.

He has a point, though you could argue the PS3 version of Tales of Vesperia kicks the shit out of the 360 version.
Reaper
Reaper

Back to top Go down

Post by CyberpunkCentral Fri May 28, 2010 10:41 pm

I think he's just talking about JRPGs. Yeah PS3 and Xbox 360 are somewhat even in the RPG category. But developers are more focus on PS3 because RPGs sell more on that console. Plus by 2011 PS3 will clearly be the console for RPGs... unless "Mass Effect 3" is release that same year, but i doubt it.
CyberpunkCentral
CyberpunkCentral
PS3 Nation Greats

https://www.youtube.com/user/CyberpunkCentral?feature=mhw4

Back to top Go down

Post by BlackStigma Fri May 28, 2010 10:42 pm

Reaper wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:

Kingdom Hearts III
The Last Guardian
White Knight Chronicles
Tales of Vesperia
Demon's Souls
3D Dot Game Heroes
Shin Megami Tensei

He has a point, though you could argue the PS3 version of Tales of Vesperia kicks the shit out of the 360 version.

Yeah it's a better version, but it's still a multiplat. And besides, isn't ToV 360 exclusive outside of Japan? And it's only an "A" game anyways.

@CyberPunkCentral He just said "RPG" not "JRPG", and JRPGs sell better on PS3, but WRPG sell better on 360.

And really WRPGs kick the ass out of all JRPGs. Except for SMT that is
BlackStigma
BlackStigma
Forum Great

Back to top Go down

Post by CyberpunkCentral Fri May 28, 2010 10:58 pm

BlackStigma wrote:
Reaper wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:

Kingdom Hearts III
The Last Guardian
White Knight Chronicles
Tales of Vesperia
Demon's Souls
3D Dot Game Heroes
Shin Megami Tensei

Yeah it's a better version, but it's still a multiplat. And besides, isn't ToV 360 exclusive outside of Japan? And it's only an "A" game anyways.

@CyberPunkCentral He just said "RPG" not "JRPG", and JRPGs sell better on PS3, but WRPG sell better on 360.

Well of course WRPG's sell better on Xbox 360; PS3 basically has no WRPG games.
CyberpunkCentral
CyberpunkCentral
PS3 Nation Greats

Back to top Go down

Post by Angelus the Wraith Sat May 29, 2010 12:11 am

BlackStigma wrote:

Kingdom Hearts III
The Last Guardian
White Knight Chronicles
Tales of Vesperia
Demon's Souls
3D Dot Game Heroes
Shin Megami Tensei

And I crossed out WKC cause it sucks.

Have you ever played WKC?
If you crossed it out because of an outrageous judgement, why would you mention games as bad as Fable and Blue Dragon?
Angelus the Wraith
Angelus the Wraith
PS3 Nation Greats

http://www.finalfantasyforums.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by Zillah Sat May 29, 2010 2:15 am

Reaper wrote:The good thing about the PS3 is that you can import these games from Japan if you cant wait for the US or EU release dates ( fuckin Demons Souls isnt even out here yet! ) and they will work on your console.

QFT times 9000!!! Silly
Demon's Souls 2 is out in Japan.

This guy told me all the PS3 was is Platformers & RPG's...
Note, this was a weebol.....not noticing that the 360 has mostly ALL shooters & rpg's (not being a fanboy, GOOD shooters.)
Zillah
Zillah
Administrator
Administrator

https://www.youtube.com/user/KidZiLLah

Back to top Go down

Post by AnAsianKid Sat May 29, 2010 3:01 am

I just love playing japanese games on my American PS3

So awsome
AnAsianKid
AnAsianKid
Forum Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by NoelX2 Sat May 29, 2010 3:14 am

I don't like RPGs that much. Exceptions are Fable and Tales of Vesperia.
NoelX2
NoelX2
Forum Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by TRF Sat May 29, 2010 4:20 am

BlackStigma wrote:

Kingdom Hearts III
The Last Guardian
White Knight Chronicles
Tales of Vesperia
Demon's Souls
3D Dot Game Heroes
Shin Megami Tensei

And you can add Disgaea 3 and Valkyrie Chronicles to that list.
White Knight Chronicles is awesome, it's so underrated. I'd count it. I wouldn't count Blue Dragon, though. THAT game sucks.
TRF
TRF
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.ign.com/blogs/Z0mb33Sl4y3r/

Back to top Go down

Post by BlackStigma Sat May 29, 2010 4:27 am

@Angelus and TRF

WKC isn't even an A game. Blue Dragon is, and Fable II is a AA game. WKC doesn't count, the other 2 do. In a debate, personal opinions are more or less irrelevant.

But you know, I enjoyed Last Remnant and Magna Carta 2, but they aren't even A, so I didn't count them because most people will think they suck. You can like games that are in the 60's there is nothing wrong with that. But in a debate it is irrelevant. And if you wish to count WKC, then I'll count Last Remnant, Infinite Undiscovery, and Magna Carta 2.
BlackStigma
BlackStigma
Forum Great

Back to top Go down

Post by Angelus the Wraith Sat May 29, 2010 4:31 am

Then count them.
Angelus the Wraith
Angelus the Wraith
PS3 Nation Greats

http://www.finalfantasyforums.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by Zillah Sat May 29, 2010 5:22 am

BlackStigma wrote:@Angelus and TRF

WKC isn't even an A game. Blue Dragon is, and Fable II is a AA game. WKC doesn't count, the other 2 do. In a debate, personal opinions are more or less irrelevant.

But you know, I enjoyed Last Remnant and Magna Carta 2, but they aren't even A, so I didn't count them because most people will think they suck. You can like games that are in the 60's there is nothing wrong with that. But in a debate it is irrelevant. And if you wish to count WKC, then I'll count Last Remnant, Infinite Undiscovery, and Magna Carta 2.

iDoubt that you even played WKC at all.

iSaid this before, STOP LETTING METACRITIC JUDGES GAMES FOR YOU.

you get fucked up reviews.

what did eurogamer give Sega All-Star Racing? a fucking 80.
c'mon man.
Zillah
Zillah
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by BlackStigma Sat May 29, 2010 5:39 am

Zillah wrote:iDoubt that you even played WKC at all.

c'mon man.

I got Lost Planet 2 even though it's not even an A game. What I did is I READ the reviews. And I had also been anticipating it for a while. What I read of Lost Planet 2 is that it's for the co-op and online, which is what I wanted. It got marked down for no story which is irrelevant to me. What I read of WKC is what you get with most generic JRPGs. Linear Story (which matters in an RPG a lot), poor voice acting, sloppy combat, cliff hanger ending. I am going by these games by meta scores because this is what you call a debate. Debates are factual and have to be backed up. If a game gets a 90 and another game gets a 70, you may enjoy the 70 game more, but on average most people will enjoy the 90 game better because it got higher average reviews.

Okay, WKC may be decent, but it isn't an even an A game...

You know what? Nevermind, none of this will even get through to you, you can delete my prior posts on this thread if you want.
BlackStigma
BlackStigma
Forum Great

Back to top Go down

Post by CyberpunkCentral Sat May 29, 2010 6:32 am

BlackStigma wrote:
Zillah wrote:iDoubt that you even played WKC at all.

c'mon man.

I got Lost Planet 2 even though it's not even an A game. What I did is I READ the reviews. And I had also been anticipating it for a while. What I read of Lost Planet 2 is that it's for the co-op and online, which is what I wanted. It got marked down for no story which is irrelevant to me. What I read of WKC is what you get with most generic JRPGs. Linear Story (which matters in an RPG a lot), poor voice acting, sloppy combat, cliff hanger ending. I am going by these games by meta scores because this is what you call a debate. Debates are factual and have to be backed up. If a game gets a 90 and another game gets a 70, you may enjoy the 70 game more, but on average most people will enjoy the 90 game better because it got higher average reviews.

Okay, WKC may be decent, but it isn't an even an A game...

You know what? Nevermind, none of this will even get through to you, you can delete my prior posts on this thread if you want.

You're only suppose to bring up Metacritic when people are comparing two games to the other in a debate. However no one is comparing or debating except you in this thread. We mention "White Knight Chronicles" because some of us like the game. We're very aware that it's a below average game. You don't have to rub it in you know.
CyberpunkCentral
CyberpunkCentral
PS3 Nation Greats

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 29, 2010 1:32 pm

Kingdom Hearts III
The Last Guardian
White Knight Chronicles
Tales of Vesperia
Demon's Souls
3D Dot Game Heroes
Shin Megami Tensei
FFVXIII might go multiplat
Kingdom Hearts 3 doesnt exist or hasnt been announced and even if it does it will probably be multiplat or wii exclusive
The Last Guardian isnt an RPG u retard
White Knight Chronicles sucks dick
Tales of Vesperia is on 360
Demons Souls is fucking amazing
3D DOT GAME HEROES , decent but not great
Vandal fucking sucks
Shin megami tensei doesnt exit or hasnt been announced,
this thread should be locked its got so much failure and the kids practically making up games and announcing games that dont even exist.

Also all the games I've judged I've atleast played 3 hours in.
except the ones that dont exist or havent been released obviously.

PLEASE CLOSE THIS FAILURE THREAD

BlackStigma wrote:

Reaper wrote:

BlackStigma wrote:

Sonji wrote:
I know thats why I got mine. For games that I'v been waiting for FOREVER to be released. In my opinion, for RPG/JRPG games, the PS3 is the place to go.

Kingdom Hearts III
The Last Guardian
White Knight Chronicles
Tales of Vesperia
Demon's Souls
3D Dot Game Heroes
Shin Megami Tensei

i can say that JRPG's kicks the ass out of all WRPG's. in my opinion WKC may be a pile of shit, but its better then those shitty WRPG's like Mass Effect

Posts merged, this is your final warning, use the edit button.

Signed : Reaper

Back to top Go down

Post by Zillah Sat May 29, 2010 3:26 pm

Hey, now, you're triple posting.

it's a edit button. if you don't stop it, iWIll stop you from posting.
that shit is annoying fixing every single one of your posts.
Zillah
Zillah
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by SlySonji™ Sat May 29, 2010 3:54 pm

I edited the thread name, and my post itself. Re-read it please.
SlySonji™
SlySonji™
PS3 Nation Greats

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 29, 2010 4:16 pm

Zillah wrote:Hey, now, you're triple posting.

it's a edit button. if you don't stop it, iWIll stop you from posting.
that shit is annoying fixing every single one of your posts.
ah ok sorry ill stop

Back to top Go down

Post by BlackStigma Sun May 30, 2010 4:24 am

Mass Effect is a shitty WRPG? Yeah that's a real failure.

And I counted ME because it isn't on PS3.

And on that topic it doesn't really matter because Final Fantasy VII, Final Fantasy VIII, (not sure about IX) Gran Turismo 4, and a few others were on the PC but they are still considered Playstation exclusives by almost everyone.

And yeah Playstation wins in JRPGs. So unless Mistwalker's next game is amazing like it should (because Mistwalker is a supposed "dream team") that won't change. However personally I believe that without the king of JRPGs, Shin Megami Tensei, no platform is the one for JRPGs. The DS is king for JRPGs, the 360 and PS3 can suck it.
BlackStigma
BlackStigma
Forum Great

Back to top Go down

Post by SlySonji™ Sun May 30, 2010 5:33 am

There on PC because they were ''emulated.'' They are illegal copies. Henceforth, those don't count. And how exactly is the DS the king of JRPG's?
SlySonji™
SlySonji™
PS3 Nation Greats

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 30, 2010 1:15 pm

BlackStigma wrote:Mass Effect is a shitty WRPG? Yeah that's a real failure.

And I counted ME because it isn't on PS3.

And on that topic it doesn't really matter because Final Fantasy VII, Final Fantasy VIII, (not sure about IX) Gran Turismo 4, and a few others were on the PC but they are still considered Playstation exclusives by almost everyone.

And yeah Playstation wins in JRPGs. So unless Mistwalker's next game is amazing like it should (because Mistwalker is a supposed "dream team") that won't change. However personally I believe that without the king of JRPGs, Shin Megami Tensei, no platform is the one for JRPGs. The DS is king for JRPGs, the 360 and PS3 can suck it.
shin megami tensei is on psp as well and on ps2. also mass effect sucked dick in my opinion. i expected an rpg, i get a 3rd person shooter with rpg elements. i found it very dissapointing. and those mining scetions and vehicle sections sucked.

Back to top Go down

Post by SlySonji™ Sun May 30, 2010 2:27 pm

Tahmidk, its a WRPG. Thats what most of them are.
SlySonji™
SlySonji™
PS3 Nation Greats

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next