Welcome to the PS3 Nation! Please feel free to sign up and make sure you check your inbox as soon as you do! Enjoy your time spent here!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the PS3 Nation! Please feel free to sign up and make sure you check your inbox as soon as you do! Enjoy your time spent here!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

so...what do we think of Mod Nation Racers

+4
Invincible
PSTRIPLE
adro
Zenbloke
8 posters

Go down

so...what do we think of Mod Nation Racers Empty so...what do we think of Mod Nation Racers

Post by Zenbloke Wed May 26, 2010 8:45 pm

I was expeting a littel bit more but that may be in dlc's to folow but all in all I like it I have made some stuff and thats fun and the racing good too I just wish it would load a bit faster.

p.s. if you've made any sci if mods let me know so I can download them I made Gort.
Zenbloke
Zenbloke
Fanboy

http://dances-with-trousers.cabanova.com/

Back to top Go down

so...what do we think of Mod Nation Racers Empty Re: so...what do we think of Mod Nation Racers

Post by adro Wed May 26, 2010 11:56 pm

i love it, very fun, and very addicting, and the creation tools mod, kart or levels i feel like there limitless. i think it's all i'm gonna play for a while.
and there's a patch it's fix the loading time.
adro
adro
Forum Great

Back to top Go down

so...what do we think of Mod Nation Racers Empty Re: so...what do we think of Mod Nation Racers

Post by PSTRIPLE Thu May 27, 2010 12:29 am

i freaking love it, but yeah the only thing i dont like is the loading times, but other then that, its freakin awesome. like i spent 10 mins drifting in that modspot area, lol it is awesome.

PSTRIPLE
Newb Gamer
Newb Gamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Invincible Thu May 27, 2010 1:32 am

Unfortunately, it suffers the same problem Mario Kart does. You're on your third lap in first place, about to cross the finish line, when out of nowhere everyone launches their power ups and your ass get's blown back to last place. Maybe it's just an inherent flaw with all kart racers, but it's pretty annoying.

Load times are way too long for a current gen game. It's takes almost 40 seconds for each track to load. That's unacceptable for a game this day and age...hopefully a patch fixes this.

Nobody is playing online. It takes about 5 minutes to find 3 other people to race with. It's fun when you finally do get a game going...but where the heck is everyone? Still playing Mario Kart, maybe...I never have a problem joining a race on it.

On the plus side, all the mod characters and karts people created are really good. Right now I'm driving Deadpool around in the ecto 1. Awesome.

As it stands right now I give it a 3/5. Maybe patches can fix some of the problems...I'm not as impressed with ModNation as much as I hoped.
Invincible
Invincible
Forum Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by AnAsianKid Thu May 27, 2010 3:16 pm

adro wrote:i love it, very fun, and very addicting, and the creation tools mod, kart or levels i feel like there limitless. i think it's all i'm gonna play for a while.
and there's a patch it's fix the loading time.

Took the words right out of my mouth
AnAsianKid
AnAsianKid
Forum Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Y.Master Thu May 27, 2010 5:46 pm

This game is the shit but i dont think it really takes the crown away from mario just yet, the racing is for some reason my fav part because its soo much fun and the customization is crazy as hell, but there is just something about mario kart that this game doesnt have
Y.Master
Y.Master
Fanboy

Back to top Go down

Post by sulley Thu May 27, 2010 6:36 pm

YGT wrote:This game is the shit but i dont think it really takes the crown away from mario just yet, the racing is for some reason my fav part because its soo much fun and the customization is crazy as hell, but there is just something about mario kart that this game doesnt have

its missing the charm that mario kart has. plus i like the game but i found the career tracks to be boring compared with mario kart tracks.
sulley
sulley
Fanboy

https://www.youtube.com/user/sulley1993

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 27, 2010 6:46 pm

its missing the charm of mario kart and the racing mechanics aint too great also it has really long loading times but the customization is the best i've ever seen in any video game.

Back to top Go down

Post by Zenbloke Thu May 27, 2010 9:12 pm

Invincible wrote:Unfortunately, it suffers the same problem Mario Kart does. You're on your third lap in first place, about to cross the finish line, when out of nowhere everyone launches their power ups and your ass get's blown back to last place. Maybe it's just an inherent flaw with all kart racers, but it's pretty annoying.

Load times are way too long for a current gen game. It's takes almost 40 seconds for each track to load. That's unacceptable for a game this day and age...hopefully a patch fixes this.

Nobody is playing online. It takes about 5 minutes to find 3 other people to race with. It's fun when you finally do get a game going...but where the heck is everyone? Still playing Mario Kart, maybe...I never have a problem joining a race on it.

On the plus side, all the mod characters and karts people created are really good. Right now I'm driving Deadpool around in the ecto 1. Awesome.

As it stands right now I give it a 3/5. Maybe patches can fix some of the problems...I'm not as impressed with ModNation as much as I hoped.

this for me sez it all it's good but can be better with some well made dlc and yes where are all the other racers.
have now uploaded my frist track called big and mad have look.
Zenbloke
Zenbloke
Fanboy

http://dances-with-trousers.cabanova.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by AlliDfense Sat Jun 12, 2010 1:19 am

So I love this game BUT............................................the LOAD TIMES absolutely kill the enjoyment, not to mention the track editor is like damn photo shop you really need to spend hour sand hours and hours to really get the grasp of it.
AlliDfense
AlliDfense
Fanboy

https://www.youtube.com/user/FakeConsoleWar

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down