Welcome to the PS3 Nation! Please feel free to sign up and make sure you check your inbox as soon as you do! Enjoy your time spent here!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the PS3 Nation! Please feel free to sign up and make sure you check your inbox as soon as you do! Enjoy your time spent here!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Heavy Rain Flops?

+8
TRF
Reaper
Gutzahn
xxDEATH METALxx
King_Stizzle_LMFAO
AndrejTheReviewer
CyberpunkCentral
AnAsianKid
12 posters

Go down

Heavy Rain Flops? Empty Heavy Rain Flops?

Post by AnAsianKid Wed May 26, 2010 2:08 pm

The funny thing I found out in the republic was that they were talking about how Heavy Rain somehow flopped with 700,000 (Something around that amount) in its first week...

Yet Alan wake I believe sold 400,000 or lower.

Still pretty good sales but really are you gonna say the game flopped?
AnAsianKid
AnAsianKid
Forum Regular

Back to top Go down

Heavy Rain Flops? Empty Re: Heavy Rain Flops?

Post by Guest Wed May 26, 2010 2:13 pm

I guess that means Alan Wake sales are so horrible that they actually didnt make a profit and lost 13 billion dollars

Back to top Go down

Post by CyberpunkCentral Wed May 26, 2010 2:24 pm

AnAsianKid wrote:The funny thing I found out in the republic was that they were talking about how Heavy Rain somehow flopped with 700,000 (Something around that amount) in its first week...

Yet Alan wake I believe sold 400,000 or lower.

Still pretty good sales but really are you gonna say the game flopped?

They also said "God of War III" sales weren't as good with all it's hype.

Guess that means "Mass Effect 2" was a flop since it's the highest rated game of 2010 (before "Super Mario Galaxy 2" was release) and yet "God of War III" still sold more.

Last edited by CyberpunkCentral on Wed May 26, 2010 4:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
CyberpunkCentral
CyberpunkCentral
PS3 Nation Greats

https://www.youtube.com/user/CyberpunkCentral?feature=mhw4

Back to top Go down

Post by AndrejTheReviewer Wed May 26, 2010 4:18 pm

i think mld pointed that out as a way to piss of the trolls that come in xbox republic,but yeah,i somehow felt alan wake wasnt what the hype was about,its still a amazing game,but its not anything god of war 3 or mass effect 2,and the reviews were a bit dissapointing,so people didnt bought it
AndrejTheReviewer
AndrejTheReviewer
Newb Gamer
Newb Gamer

Back to top Go down

Post by King_Stizzle_LMFAO Wed May 26, 2010 4:24 pm

Didn't some retarded fan boys say Alan Wake was the Heavy Rain killer? (Even though they are both completely different games in all aspects)
King_Stizzle_LMFAO
King_Stizzle_LMFAO
Fanboy

Back to top Go down

Post by CyberpunkCentral Wed May 26, 2010 5:01 pm

AndrejTheReviewer wrote:i think mld pointed that out as a way to piss of the trolls that come in xbox republic,but yeah,i somehow felt alan wake wasnt what the hype was about,its still a amazing game,but its not anything god of war 3 or mass effect 2,and the reviews were a bit dissapointing,so people didnt bought it

I can understand that GeneralMLD saids those things just to piss off PS3 fanboys. But my problem with GeneralMLD is if you disagree with him or prove him wrong, you get banned. If he's doing this for the reactions then what's the point in even banning or blocking people that are just giving their opinon? Not everybody that disagrees with GeneralMLD is a fanboy you know.
CyberpunkCentral
CyberpunkCentral
PS3 Nation Greats

https://www.youtube.com/user/CyberpunkCentral?feature=mhw4

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 26, 2010 5:10 pm

forget it post 360 fanboys have way too much 360 dick in there mouth and actually think fake exclusives such as mass effect 2 are true exclusives and if there bringing in a multiplat into the console war then its kinda showing the 360 needs the PC's help lol.

Back to top Go down

Post by xxDEATH METALxx Wed May 26, 2010 5:14 pm

CyberpunkCentral wrote:
AndrejTheReviewer wrote:i think mld pointed that out as a way to piss of the trolls that come in xbox republic,but yeah,i somehow felt alan wake wasnt what the hype was about,its still a amazing game,but its not anything god of war 3 or mass effect 2,and the reviews were a bit dissapointing,so people didnt bought it

I can understand that GeneralMLD saids those things just to piss off PS3 fanboys. But my problem with GeneralMLD is if you disagree with him or prove him wrong, you get banned. If he's doing this for the reactions then what's the point in even banning or blocking people that are just giving their opinon? Not everybody that disagrees with GeneralMLD is a fanboy you know.

That's what i've been wondering all this time. if he was doing this all for the reactions. Then why block and ban people? He obviously takes all this seriously, otherwise he wouldn't be doing all this blocking and banning.
xxDEATH METALxx
xxDEATH METALxx
Forum Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 26, 2010 5:15 pm

xxDEATH METALxx wrote:
CyberpunkCentral wrote:

That's what i've been wondering all this time. if he was doing this all for the reactions. Then why block and ban people? He obviously takes all this seriously, otherwise he wouldn't be doing all this blocking and banning.
MLD has wasted too much of his semen on master chief and not enough on vaginas so he's got a few problems.

Back to top Go down

Post by Gutzahn Wed May 26, 2010 8:56 pm

Heavy rain is awesome, and 700.000 in first week is by no means a flop for a new ip.

Oh and btw: I heard that someone is threatening MLD in real life coz of his youtube videos? Anyone knows if its true? I really think MLD is the worst Fanboy ever, but this goes to far! I mean WTF! Heavy Rain Flops? Icon_eek ? Next we all get guns and shoot us or what? But maybe its just rumors Heavy Rain Flops? Icon_scratch .
Gutzahn
Gutzahn
Forum Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Reaper Wed May 26, 2010 10:26 pm

1.27 million copies sold so far and the game hasnt seen its first christmas yet, and it was also a well-recieved game...the game was a high-risk and its done very well for such a niche game.

A flop they say? Heavy Rain Flops? 348568

Leave the cult of denial to their fail.
Reaper
Reaper

Back to top Go down

Post by TRF Wed May 26, 2010 10:27 pm

Heavy Rain a flop? Regardless of any sales it has, it's an amazing game. It's my favorite PS3 exclusive now (beating out inFAMOUS), and it's one of my favorite games this gen. Plus I think it's better than any 360 exclusive I've played so far.
TRF
TRF
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.ign.com/blogs/Z0mb33Sl4y3r/

Back to top Go down

Post by gamer22 Thu May 27, 2010 3:39 am

Heavy Rain was a really good experience and it was different. I enjoyed Indigo Prophecy but QD did a much better job. As far as it being a flop, AW is not doing so well sales wise so if HR is a flop than AW is a bigger flop unless there is a double standard. AW seems like a good game though.

gamer22
Fanboy

Back to top Go down

Post by solidstudios Thu May 27, 2010 12:31 pm

leave it to the cult of denial and ignorance to say that. really? the contradict themselves ALL THE FREAKIN TIME!
solidstudios
solidstudios

https://www.youtube.com/solidstudios98

Back to top Go down

Post by King_Stizzle_LMFAO Thu May 27, 2010 7:14 pm

solidstudios wrote:leave it to the cult of denial and ignorance to say that. really? the contradict themselves ALL THE FREAKIN TIME!

(Quoted from Pyro2000x)

"they contradict themeselves so many times, they don't even remember the first time they walked this earth"
King_Stizzle_LMFAO
King_Stizzle_LMFAO
Fanboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Stoney Sat May 29, 2010 12:34 am

Heavy Rain was a great game. You can always count on Quantic Dream for quality video games.

Roll on Fahrenheit 2...............I wish.
Stoney
Stoney
Forum Great

Back to top Go down

Post by AlliDfense Sat Jun 12, 2010 1:17 am

heavy rain was great graphically but it got so repetitive after the first 5 hours became more annoying and I just was desperate for it to end.
AlliDfense
AlliDfense
Fanboy

https://www.youtube.com/user/FakeConsoleWar

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down