Welcome to the PS3 Nation! Please feel free to sign up and make sure you check your inbox as soon as you do! Enjoy your time spent here!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the PS3 Nation! Please feel free to sign up and make sure you check your inbox as soon as you do! Enjoy your time spent here!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PS3 shortage over?

5 posters

Go down

PS3 shortage over? Empty PS3 shortage over?

Post by Invincible Sun May 16, 2010 6:48 pm

The past 2 weeks I've gone to Best Buy, Walmart, Target, Gamestop and all of them but Best Buy had PS3 120 or 250gig in stock. Amazon.com has a 2-4 week wait on the 120 model while gamestop.com has a couple bundle deals ready to ship. So right now you could get a PS3 if you wanted.
Invincible
Invincible
Forum Regular

Back to top Go down

PS3 shortage over? Empty Re: PS3 shortage over?

Post by CernaML Mon May 17, 2010 12:41 am

I recall reading an article where Sony stated that they have shipped the new PS3 models with the resized GPU. So believe it or not, I think Sony will finally make a profit for each PS3 sold.

CernaML
Newb Gamer
Newb Gamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Freemon34 Mon May 17, 2010 12:51 am

CernaML wrote:I recall reading an article where Sony stated that they have shipped the new PS3 models with the resized GPU. So believe it or not, I think Sony will finally make a profit for each PS3 sold.
Yeah it now costs $276 dollars for each PS3, that gives them 2 options.

A) $50 price drop! WOO
B) More profit for Sony.

In the short term B is better, in the long term A is better.
Freemon34
Freemon34
Forum Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Reaper Tue May 18, 2010 12:23 am

Dont these corporations make most of their money through software and not hardware?
Reaper
Reaper

Back to top Go down

Post by Freemon34 Tue May 18, 2010 12:38 am

Reaper wrote:Dont these corporations make most of their money through software and not hardware?

Thats what I was talking about. Sony makes 10% of every new Ps3 game sold(if I remember correctly), and they make a few thousand dollars each time a company makes a game for the PS3.
Freemon34
Freemon34
Forum Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by BlackStigma Tue May 18, 2010 2:08 am

Reaper wrote:Dont these corporations make most of their money through software and not hardware?

Yeah but for a long time Sony was selling at a huge loss and every time they buy a new studio they spend 100's of millions of dollars doing so.

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3169439
Old article, but it explains well. In 2008 they were at a 3 billion dollar loss. That't about 2.08 billion pounds I think.

And by now they've lost a lot more, but should be able to make some of it back later.
BlackStigma
BlackStigma
Forum Great

Back to top Go down

Post by Invincible Wed May 19, 2010 8:42 pm

Buying studios and making games is a long term investment. You don't always make your money back with the first game. But hopefully by the 2nd or 3rd sequel, you end up turning a profit.
Invincible
Invincible
Forum Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down