Welcome to the PS3 Nation! Please feel free to sign up and make sure you check your inbox as soon as you do! Enjoy your time spent here!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the PS3 Nation! Please feel free to sign up and make sure you check your inbox as soon as you do! Enjoy your time spent here!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

backwards compatibility

+3
Invincible
Freemon34
EvilMrChicken
7 posters

Go down

backwards compatibility Empty backwards compatibility

Post by EvilMrChicken Mon Apr 26, 2010 2:44 am

(didn't know where to post this) I always hear people complaining about the ps3 not having backwards compatibility or every console needs backwards compatibility and I'm sick of it. Why did you buy a gaming console? To play the last gen games? I know I didn't, I bought my Wii to play Wii games, now don't get wrong, it's awesome that it's included but it nothing to complain about
EvilMrChicken
EvilMrChicken
Forum Great

Back to top Go down

backwards compatibility Empty Re: backwards compatibility

Post by Freemon34 Mon Apr 26, 2010 2:48 am

Its just an excuse to throw classic consoles into your closet.
Freemon34
Freemon34
Forum Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Invincible Mon Apr 26, 2010 4:06 am

I would love to be able to play my PS2 games on my PS3. It's not a deal breaker by any means, but would be more convenient. Not that I would just throw my PS2 in the closet. I would hook it up in the spare bedroom and use it as a dvd player.

I think people get so pissy because Sony took it away in the later models. Kinda makes you feel like your 120gig slim isn't all it can be, if you know what I mean. Hopefully, one day they'll release a firmware update with PS2 emulation. That's the rumor anyway...
Invincible
Invincible
Forum Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by TWILIGHTRULEZZZ Mon Apr 26, 2010 4:57 pm

When I had my 60GB... it was the best system period, access to one of the biggest games library of all time PS1, PS2 and 3 ofcourse. But the features are slowly being pulled away from each system as Sony wants the PS2 install base to jump into the next gen and my gosh when are they going to jump ship.
TWILIGHTRULEZZZ
TWILIGHTRULEZZZ
Forum Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Reaper Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:25 pm

I bought my PS3 to play PS3 games...BC is just a bonus.

Besides has anyone actually played PS2 games on a hD tv? it looks awful.
Reaper
Reaper

Back to top Go down

Post by Invincible Mon Apr 26, 2010 8:22 pm

Reaper wrote:I bought my PS3 to play PS3 games...BC is just a bonus.

Besides has anyone actually played PS2 games on a hD tv? it looks awful.

I do. My PS2 is hooked up through component cables and doesn't look that bad at all.
Invincible
Invincible
Forum Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by solidstudios Mon Apr 26, 2010 9:35 pm

Invincible wrote:I would love to be able to play my PS2 games on my PS3. It's not a deal breaker by any means, but would be more convenient. Not that I would just throw my PS2 in the closet. I would hook it up in the spare bedroom and use it as a dvd player.

I think people get so pissy because Sony took it away in the later models. Kinda makes you feel like your 120gig slim isn't all it can be, if you know what I mean. Hopefully, one day they'll release a firmware update with PS2 emulation. That's the rumor anyway...
yeah me too. i have an 80 GB ps3 and it can't play ps1 or 2 games. but i didn't buy mine to play ps2 games
solidstudios
solidstudios

https://www.youtube.com/solidstudios98

Back to top Go down

Post by Invincible Mon Apr 26, 2010 9:49 pm

solidstudios wrote:
Invincible wrote:I would love to be able to play my PS2 games on my PS3. It's not a deal breaker by any means, but would be more convenient. Not that I would just throw my PS2 in the closet. I would hook it up in the spare bedroom and use it as a dvd player.

yeah me too. i have an 80 GB ps3 and it can't play ps1 or 2 games. but i didn't buy mine to play ps2 games

Umm...I believe all PS3s are compatible with PS1 games.
Invincible
Invincible
Forum Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by TRF Mon Apr 26, 2010 9:51 pm

B/C makes things much more convenient.
TRF
TRF
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.ign.com/blogs/Z0mb33Sl4y3r/

Back to top Go down

Post by Freemon34 Mon Apr 26, 2010 11:54 pm

solidstudios wrote:

All PS3s play PS1 games =P
Freemon34
Freemon34
Forum Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down