Welcome to the PS3 Nation! Please feel free to sign up and make sure you check your inbox as soon as you do! Enjoy your time spent here!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the PS3 Nation! Please feel free to sign up and make sure you check your inbox as soon as you do! Enjoy your time spent here!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SSF4 fighstick help

4 posters

Go down

SSF4 fighstick help Empty SSF4 fighstick help

Post by Y.Master Mon Dec 20, 2010 2:29 am

I have an SE fighstick from madcatz and its not working like i would want it to. When ever I play the game some of the buttons don't respond as fast as they should. Like when ever i press X i usually don't get a response till about half a second later or when i do get a response it does the action more times then I had wanted thus ruining gameplay. Now I'm 90% sure that the buttons on this fighstick are just trash, so I'm here to ask for your opinion on something. Christmas is almost here and really thinking about getting all new Sanwa buttons and joystick for my fighstick hoping that it will improve preformance since Sanwa seems to be king when it comes to fighstick parts. Now it may seem that i just found the problem in this paragraph that you just read, but still I'm asking for you help do you think that the buttons are my problem?
Y.Master
Y.Master
Fanboy

Back to top Go down

SSF4 fighstick help Empty Re: SSF4 fighstick help

Post by Reaper Mon Dec 20, 2010 2:42 am

Your problem is Madcatz.

That is all.
Reaper
Reaper

Back to top Go down

Post by XenoReaver Mon Dec 20, 2010 4:37 am

Madcatz is the problem here, no doubt.
XenoReaver
XenoReaver
Newb Gamer
Newb Gamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Padders Wed Dec 22, 2010 12:05 am

Could be trash out or just your timing. Madcatz standard fight sticks are pretty good but maybe you want to get the TE ones if your looking at Madcatz again.

There are fighting sticks that comes with the Sanwa buttons and joystick from Hori.
Padders
Padders
Fanboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Y.Master Wed Dec 22, 2010 6:43 am

Padders wrote:Could be trash out or just your timing. Madcatz standard fight sticks are pretty good but maybe you want to get the TE ones if your looking at Madcatz again.

There are fighting sticks that comes with the Sanwa buttons and joystick from Hori.

Yeah thats what i had though aswell maybe it was me. Everytime i go to training mode and practice i do just fine, but when im playing a versus game or when im playing online its completely different its as if the fighstick is working against me. Either way im still gonna invest in getting new buttons. Do you play SSF4??
Y.Master
Y.Master
Fanboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Padders Wed Dec 22, 2010 12:44 pm

Y.Master wrote:
Padders wrote:Could be trash out or just your timing. Madcatz standard fight sticks are pretty good but maybe you want to get the TE ones if your looking at Madcatz again.

Yeah thats what i had though aswell maybe it was me. Everytime i go to training mode and practice i do just fine, but when im playing a versus game or when im playing online its completely different its as if the fighstick is working against me. Either way im still gonna invest in getting new buttons. Do you play SSF4??
You could be rushing out the combos and not timing them since the AI/friend is fighting back in versus mode, not like training mode when when the AI is standing still and it feels like you have all the time to make combos. Not much of Street Fighter 4 but I use to play a lot of Street Fighter 2 and King of Fighters at the arcades back in the 90's.
Padders
Padders
Fanboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Y.Master Wed Dec 22, 2010 11:27 pm

Padders wrote:
Y.Master wrote:

You could be rushing out the combos and not timing them since the AI/friend is fighting back in versus mode, not like training mode when when the AI is standing still and it feels like you have all the time to make combos. Not much of Street Fighter 4 but I use to play a lot of Street Fighter 2 and King of Fighters at the arcades back in the 90's.

Even if it is me i am still going to get the sanwa parts because the buttons have a bigger part on this whole topic
Y.Master
Y.Master
Fanboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Padders Thu Dec 23, 2010 5:55 am

Yeah sanwa parts are nice to have but for me it is just a preference. Madcatz fight sticks are easy to custom?

Right now I'm using the Hori Wireless FS-3. It's pretty good for a wireless one. No lag at all.
Padders
Padders
Fanboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down