Welcome to the PS3 Nation! Please feel free to sign up and make sure you check your inbox as soon as you do! Enjoy your time spent here!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the PS3 Nation! Please feel free to sign up and make sure you check your inbox as soon as you do! Enjoy your time spent here!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Polyphony Digital Sorry that GT5 drops below 60fps sometimes.

+2
CyberpunkCentral
SlySonji™
6 posters

Go down

Polyphony Digital Sorry that GT5 drops below 60fps sometimes. Empty Polyphony Digital Sorry that GT5 drops below 60fps sometimes.

Post by SlySonji™ Tue Oct 19, 2010 4:20 pm

One of the primary goals that Kaz Yamauchi, boss at Polyphony Digital, had in mind for Gran Turismo 5 was releasing the game at a 1080P resolution while playing at 60FPS. Up until today, the team had achieved this goal, but speaking with PlayStation Magazine, Yamauchi admits that that isn’t the case entirely.

Unfortunately, according to Kaz, Gran Turismo 5 sometimes dips slightly below the 60 FPS goal and for that, he begs for your forgiveness.

“Our engineers complain every day: ‘Isn’t it enough that it’s in 1080p? Does it have to be 60fps too?’ But I think 60fps is very important, so we’re working towards perfecting that. There might be times when you have a certain combination of conditions that come together – especially with the weather effects – [when] the game might briefly drop from 60fps, and for that I beg your forgiveness!

“If you’re going from a standing start at No.16 and all 15 cars in front of you are kicking up water, there might not be 60fps at that moment.”

Perfectionism is crazy on its own, but to think that we might have to trade off 10FPS for a slight moment in order to check out physic-based water being kicked up by all of the cars in front of us seems like a worthy deal. After all, what Polyphony Digital has managed to achieve with Gran Turismo 5 isn’t exactly simply — they’ve brought the title as close to gaming perfection as humanly possible.

The only thing left once again is to give out a realistic release date where we can actually find out if the retail copy of the game exists or not!

This man... is.... a perfectionist.

http://www.playstationuniversity.com/polyphony-digital-sorry-that-gt5-drops-below-60fps-sometimes-4751/
SlySonji™
SlySonji™
PS3 Nation Greats

Back to top Go down

Polyphony Digital Sorry that GT5 drops below 60fps sometimes. Empty Re: Polyphony Digital Sorry that GT5 drops below 60fps sometimes.

Post by Guest Tue Oct 19, 2010 5:31 pm

fucking hell its george bruchard lol

Back to top Go down

Polyphony Digital Sorry that GT5 drops below 60fps sometimes. Empty Re: Polyphony Digital Sorry that GT5 drops below 60fps sometimes.

Post by CyberpunkCentral Tue Oct 19, 2010 7:04 pm

sonofabitch
CyberpunkCentral
CyberpunkCentral
PS3 Nation Greats

https://www.youtube.com/user/CyberpunkCentral?feature=mhw4

Back to top Go down

Post by adro Tue Oct 19, 2010 7:55 pm

that's it i'm not buying the game Rolling Eyes
adro
adro
Forum Great

Back to top Go down

Post by Stoney Tue Oct 19, 2010 8:06 pm

WUT? Fuck you Kaz, I will not be buying your bundle that I was planning on getting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Kratos
Stoney
Stoney
Forum Great

Back to top Go down

Post by SlySonji™ Tue Oct 19, 2010 9:49 pm

It falls like 5FPS lower Laughing
SlySonji™
SlySonji™
PS3 Nation Greats

Back to top Go down

Post by solidstudios Tue Oct 19, 2010 10:03 pm

i believe this man wants to create the....perfect game
solidstudios
solidstudios

https://www.youtube.com/solidstudios98

Back to top Go down

Post by Stoney Wed Oct 20, 2010 12:40 pm

SlySonji™️ wrote:It falls like 5FPS lower Laughing

Just in case you were talking to me, I was joking. Wink
Stoney
Stoney
Forum Great

Back to top Go down

Post by SlySonji™ Wed Oct 20, 2010 8:26 pm

xSTONEYx187x wrote:
SlySonji™️ wrote:It falls like 5FPS lower Laughing

Just in case you were talking to me, I was joking. Wink

Oh, I know, if you couldn't tell by my Laughing
SlySonji™
SlySonji™
PS3 Nation Greats

Back to top Go down

Post by MEGAlan Wed Oct 20, 2010 9:52 pm

WTF? No buy.
MEGAlan
MEGAlan
Forum Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum