Welcome to the PS3 Nation! Please feel free to sign up and make sure you check your inbox as soon as you do! Enjoy your time spent here!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the PS3 Nation! Please feel free to sign up and make sure you check your inbox as soon as you do! Enjoy your time spent here!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Official "Resistance 3" Thread

+9
Gutzahn
solidstudios
EvilMrChicken
NoelX2
Reaper
Franko
TheJubJub5721
yonny616
CyberpunkCentral
13 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

The Official "Resistance 3" Thread Empty The Official "Resistance 3" Thread

Post by CyberpunkCentral Tue Sep 28, 2010 5:28 pm

The Official "Resistance 3" Thread 50330210

The Official "Resistance 3" Thread 50330211

The Official "Resistance 3" Thread 50330212

The Official "Resistance 3" Thread 50330310

The Official "Resistance 3" Thread 50330311

The Official "Resistance 3" Thread 50330312

The Official "Resistance 3" Thread 50330313

The Official "Resistance 3" Thread 50330314

The Official "Resistance 3" Thread 50336410

The Official "Resistance 3" Thread 50336411

The Official "Resistance 3" Thread 50336510

The Official "Resistance 3" Thread 50336517

The Official "Resistance 3" Thread 50336511

The Official "Resistance 3" Thread 50336512

The Official "Resistance 3" Thread 50336513

The Official "Resistance 3" Thread 50336514

The Official "Resistance 3" Thread 50336515

The Official "Resistance 3" Thread 50336516

Last edited by CyberpunkCentral on Thu Oct 07, 2010 12:32 am; edited 1 time in total
CyberpunkCentral
CyberpunkCentral
PS3 Nation Greats

https://www.youtube.com/user/CyberpunkCentral?feature=mhw4

Back to top Go down

The Official "Resistance 3" Thread Empty Re: The Official "Resistance 3" Thread

Post by yonny616 Tue Sep 28, 2010 7:08 pm

looks awesome! Kratos
yonny616
yonny616
Forum Great

https://www.youtube.com/user/MrYonny616

Back to top Go down

Post by TheJubJub5721 Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:08 pm

Looks fucking EPIC! One of the few reasons I wish I hadn't sold my PS3 Silly
TheJubJub5721
TheJubJub5721
PS3 Nation Greats

Back to top Go down

Post by Franko Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:53 pm

This is a Mans game. And it looks gooooooddd
Franko
Franko
Forum Great

Back to top Go down

Post by Reaper Sun Oct 03, 2010 1:06 pm

Nice ARTWORK bro.

But still, this game is something i've been waiting for for a long time.
Reaper
Reaper

Back to top Go down

Post by CyberpunkCentral Thu Oct 07, 2010 12:31 am

The Official "Resistance 3" Thread Decemb10

A batch of stunning Resistance 3 screenshots recently hit the web, but those pretty pictures of Insomniac's upcoming PS3 shooter are a mere glimpse into the harrowing world that's awaiting new protagonist Joe Capelli. Our exclusive cover story is stuffed with never-before-told info on the new hero, the brutal Chimera-ruled world, changes to gameplay, and even a glimpse at new weaponry and threats.

Besides ten full pages on Resistance 3, we've got some other awesome features arriving with the November Issue of Game Informer #211. There are six entire pages dedicated to Team Ico's hotly anticipated The Last Guardian, new info on Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood, a flowchart of every RPG ever, and our third (hilarious) Sacred Cow Barbecue in which we grill legendary titles like World of Warcraft and Resident Evil 4.

If that's not enough, you can look forward to a month full of exclusive online Resistance 3 content on this very website. Stay tuned for the Resistance 3 hub launch this Friday. The November issue will be hitting subscribers this Monday, October 11, and will be in stores October 15.

Source: GameInformer
CyberpunkCentral
CyberpunkCentral
PS3 Nation Greats

Back to top Go down

Post by TheJubJub5721 Thu Oct 07, 2010 1:01 am

^^^

I cannot wait to get that issue of GameInformer!
TheJubJub5721
TheJubJub5721
PS3 Nation Greats

Back to top Go down

Post by NoelX2 Thu Oct 07, 2010 2:02 am

CHIMERA SUCKS!!! (Are you watching Jubby?)
NoelX2
NoelX2
Forum Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by EvilMrChicken Thu Oct 07, 2010 3:13 am

CyberpunkCentral wrote:The Official "Resistance 3" Thread Decemb10

A batch of stunning Resistance 3 screenshots recently hit the web, but those pretty pictures of Insomniac's upcoming PS3 shooter are a mere glimpse into the harrowing world that's awaiting new protagonist Joe Capelli. Our exclusive cover story is stuffed with never-before-told info on the new hero, the brutal Chimera-ruled world, changes to gameplay, and even a glimpse at new weaponry and threats.

Besides ten full pages on Resistance 3, we've got some other awesome features arriving with the November Issue of Game Informer #211. There are six entire pages dedicated to Team Ico's hotly anticipated The Last Guardian, new info on Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood, a flowchart of every RPG ever, and our third (hilarious) Sacred Cow Barbecue in which we grill legendary titles like World of Warcraft and Resident Evil 4.

If that's not enough, you can look forward to a month full of exclusive online Resistance 3 content on this very website. Stay tuned for the Resistance 3 hub launch this Friday. The November issue will be hitting subscribers this Monday, October 11, and will be in stores October 15.

That monster reminds me of the Cloverfield monster
EvilMrChicken
EvilMrChicken
Forum Great

Back to top Go down

Post by TheJubJub5721 Thu Oct 07, 2010 11:50 am

NoelX2 wrote:CHIMERA SUCKS!!! (Are you watching Jubby?)

Oh Noel.....don't go tahmdick on us.
TheJubJub5721
TheJubJub5721
PS3 Nation Greats

Back to top Go down

Post by CyberpunkCentral Tue Oct 12, 2010 2:09 pm

The Official "Resistance 3" Thread Cover610

Take a look at alternate cover art for issue 211 and an early sketch of the final Resistance 3 cover design.

You may have heard the behind the scenes details about our BioShock Infinite covers, but every cover design goes through some degree of iteration. You probably recognize the first image below from this month's cover. You'll notice that St. Louis's Gateway Arch appears in the background. Those well-versed in history may wonder why the arch is there in 1957 when construction didn't start until 1963. To that we say, "Aliens didn't take over the world either." Besides, what other St. Louis iconic landmark can you think of?

The Official "Resistance 3" Thread Covere10

The alternate cover below shows hero Joseph Capelli hiding out in a bombed out shelter as a squad of Chimera searches the area.

The Official "Resistance 3" Thread Covera10

Game Informer editor-in-chief Andy McNamara explains why we went with the design we did:

"Both images paint an interesting look at Resistance 3, but it doesn't take an art critic to notice one of them features a giant looming Widowmaker chasing Capelli on a speeding train with Chimera waiting in the wings, and the other...well, doesn't.

Not only does the art have an easy focal point for the readers to pick up on, it tells a story in a simple snapshot. Yes, the alternate cover conveys how humans are the prey in Resistance 3's fight for the survival of the human race, but that story is not as easy to pick up in a quick glance. Plus, did I mention it doesn't have a giant Widowmaker on it?

Our only feedback to the developer in this case was to make sure that the light on the train didn't dominate the image or draw your eye over the Chimeras."

CyberpunkCentral
CyberpunkCentral
PS3 Nation Greats

Back to top Go down

Post by CyberpunkCentral Thu Oct 14, 2010 2:08 am

First "Resistance 3" Details

-- New lead character Joseph Capelli has started a family with former hero Nathan Hale's sister, Susan.

-- Humanity is hurting bigtime, and in many areas humans have resorted to cannibalism. And Chimeran plant life (that explodes when shot) has begun to take root, illustrating how the Earth is being transformed.

-- Two-player co-op has been confirmed, but there will be no alternate story co-op seen in Resistance 2. Capelli, John Harper, and... Malikov are the main characters. Yes, Malikov lives.

-- Enhanced AI will allow friends and foes to climb over walls, through windows, and jump across rooftops.

-- New weapons include the Mutator, a biological firearm that causes targets to mutate, growing acid-squirting boils and eventually going insane and attacking their own friends.

-- Multiplayer will be streamlined. Few details were revealed, but the devs say they want to make the experience more organized.

Source: GameSpy
CyberpunkCentral
CyberpunkCentral
PS3 Nation Greats

Back to top Go down

Post by solidstudios Thu Oct 14, 2010 2:13 am

CyberpunkCentral wrote:The Official "Resistance 3" Thread Decemb10

OH YES! i love gameinformer's cover art nowadays
solidstudios
solidstudios

https://www.youtube.com/solidstudios98

Back to top Go down

Post by CyberpunkCentral Sun Oct 17, 2010 2:37 pm

Resistance 3 Isn't the Last in the Series

It is officially Resistance month as of last week. Well according to Game Informer it is. With a new issue featuring Resistance 3 and tons of details about the upcoming game released finally. It was only a short while ago that Insomniac announced the title.

There wasn't a whole lot revealed regarding certain aspect about online and such, but there were big clues hidden within the words. There is a small segmant in the feature that talks about the future of Insomniac. Now being a multi-platform developer, Insomniac stressed that they are still indeed dedicated to PS3 fans. However it does state one other thing about future games.

When asked if Resistance 3 is the end of the franchise, Insomniac replies "I don't think so. I think Resistance 3 is a story within the Resistance universe that can be expanded upon."

"Doors will be shut, but they won't be slammed."

So we can count on more Resistance after Resistance 3! Thats always good news!

Source: PS3center
CyberpunkCentral
CyberpunkCentral
PS3 Nation Greats

Back to top Go down

Post by Reaper Sun Oct 17, 2010 3:41 pm

More info on the game, WEAPON WHEEL IS BACK!

The latest issue of U.S. magazine Game Informer has unleashed the first concrete details on Insomniac Games’ hotly anticipated shooter Resistance 3.

As expected, the sequel is a continuation of the events from the previous game, with the deadly Chimera having since extended their invasion to global proportions, leaving the last remnants of humanity struggling for survival.

Source PSU
Reaper
Reaper

Back to top Go down

Post by TheJubJub5721 Sun Oct 17, 2010 9:56 pm

Reaper wrote:More info on the game, WEAPON WHEEL IS BACK!

The latest issue of U.S. magazine Game Informer has unleashed the first concrete details on Insomniac Games’ hotly anticipated shooter Resistance 3.

As expected, the sequel is a continuation of the events from the previous game, with the deadly Chimera having since extended their invasion to global proportions, leaving the last remnants of humanity struggling for survival.

Source PSU

YES! The weapon wheel was AWESOME!!!
TheJubJub5721
TheJubJub5721
PS3 Nation Greats

Back to top Go down

Post by Gutzahn Sun Oct 17, 2010 10:28 pm

I hate weapon wheels and the controls of resi1.
If they bring all this back, i might just skip resi 3...
Seriously im angry now Mad I want to carry 2 weapons and thats it , i hate to carry all weapons at the same time, thats lame!
Gutzahn
Gutzahn
Forum Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Zillah Sun Oct 17, 2010 10:39 pm

Gutzahn wrote:I hate weapon wheels and the controls of resi1.
Seriously im angry now Mad I want to carry 2 weapons and thats it , i hate to carry all weapons at the same time, thats lame!

Why?
Cause it's real?
Resistance isn't real. No game is. Facepalm
Zillah
Zillah
Administrator
Administrator

https://www.youtube.com/user/KidZiLLah

Back to top Go down

Post by Jamin Sun Oct 17, 2010 11:45 pm

Now this gets me excited! I loved Resistance 1 and 2, and its definitely one of my favorite shooters this gen, hands down. Loved the atmosphere and Chimera of the first two games, keep'em coming Insomniac! You guys are doing something special!
Jamin
Jamin
Fanboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Gutzahn Mon Oct 18, 2010 3:43 am

Zillah wrote:
Gutzahn wrote:I hate weapon wheels and the controls of resi1.

Why?
Cause it's real?
Resistance isn't real. No game is. Facepalm

No, because it looks and feels fucking retarded....
No decisions to make, never ammo problems, just non stop nobrain action Sad
Games like Red Dead can pull it off, because its open world, unreal can pull it off... well because its unreal ,but in resistance 1 and retribution it just didnt feel right...
Dont you like that happy feeling you get when you find a deagle in Uc2 or an e-sword in halo? You cant have that when you carry around every fucking weapon the game has to offer.
Its one of the features i absolutely hate! DAMN YOU WEPON WHEELS! Kratos
Gutzahn
Gutzahn
Forum Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by CyberpunkCentral Mon Oct 18, 2010 5:49 pm

No 60-player multiplayer in Resistance 3, confirms Insomniac

Insomniac’s confirmed in the latest issue of Game Informer that 60 player multiplayer won’t be returning for Resistance 3.

The massive multiplayer matches in Resistance 2 were one of the game’s key features two years ago.
But it won’t be making a return, according to the mag, with IG saying the MP in R3 will be lighter.
No exact player-number was confirmed, though.
“The approach to multiplayer in Resistance 3 is to really streamline the things that were popular with Resistance 1 and Resistance 2,” said creative director Marcus Smith.
“Obviously, weapon usage is a big one, but we also have our progression through multiplayer, which is a lot tighter. It’s going to reward people as they go.”
Smith added that R3’s multiplayer maps will have battles that will be mentioned throughout the campaign. Africa has already been outed as one location.
“We’re also setting the location of all multiplayer maps in various locations around the world. During the single-player campaign, you’ll be hearing updates [via a radio show] of those battles as you’re progressing through the game.”
This is just the latest spill from the game’s GI cover story. Over the weekend quotes emerged about the ongoing nature of the series, and we got a general info dump earlier last week.
R3’s out next year for PS3.

Source: VG247
CyberpunkCentral
CyberpunkCentral
PS3 Nation Greats

Back to top Go down

Post by SlySonji™ Mon Oct 18, 2010 8:02 pm

CyberpunkCentral wrote:No 60-player multiplayer in Resistance 3, confirms Insomniac

Insomniac’s confirmed in the latest issue of Game Informer that 60 player multiplayer won’t be returning for Resistance 3.

The massive multiplayer matches in Resistance 2 were one of the game’s key features two years ago.
But it won’t be making a return, according to the mag, with IG saying the MP in R3 will be lighter.
No exact player-number was confirmed, though.
“The approach to multiplayer in Resistance 3 is to really streamline the things that were popular with Resistance 1 and Resistance 2,” said creative director Marcus Smith.
“Obviously, weapon usage is a big one, but we also have our progression through multiplayer, which is a lot tighter. It’s going to reward people as they go.”
Smith added that R3’s multiplayer maps will have battles that will be mentioned throughout the campaign. Africa has already been outed as one location.
“We’re also setting the location of all multiplayer maps in various locations around the world. During the single-player campaign, you’ll be hearing updates [via a radio show] of those battles as you’re progressing through the game.”
This is just the latest spill from the game’s GI cover story. Over the weekend quotes emerged about the ongoing nature of the series, and we got a general info dump earlier last week.
R3’s out next year for PS3.

Source: VG247

Good thing?
SlySonji™
SlySonji™
PS3 Nation Greats

Back to top Go down

Post by CyberpunkCentral Sun Dec 12, 2010 1:33 pm