Welcome to the PS3 Nation! Please feel free to sign up and make sure you check your inbox as soon as you do! Enjoy your time spent here!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the PS3 Nation! Please feel free to sign up and make sure you check your inbox as soon as you do! Enjoy your time spent here!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Questions about Gran Turismo 5

+3
CyberpunkCentral
Padders
BlackStigma
7 posters

Go down

Questions about Gran Turismo 5 Empty Questions about Gran Turismo 5

Post by BlackStigma Sun Sep 26, 2010 4:27 am

Okay I haven't been following GT5 that much but I've been watching a lot of videos about it recently and I'm very tempted to get it but I was wondering about certain features of the game.

Is there a rewind feature? I'm a casual racer and I really loved the rewind feature in Grid and Forza 3 because I would screw up a lot.

Can you hire another driver? In Forza you can higher a driver to do a race for you. This is pretty useful because there are a shit load of races and some are really long (Some like 45 minutes long) and I don't have time to do them all so sometimes I hire a racer to do a race for me while I'm eating, doing homework, etc.

Is there an auction house? In Forza 3 there is an online auction house where you can you know, sell and bid on cars. Will GT5 have one?

Another Question. Does anyone know if GT5 will have the 1977 Lamborghini Countach?
BlackStigma
BlackStigma
Forum Great

Back to top Go down

Questions about Gran Turismo 5 Empty Re: Questions about Gran Turismo 5

Post by Padders Sun Sep 26, 2010 10:38 am

BlackStigma wrote:
Can you hire another driver? In Forza you can higher a driver to do a race for you. This is pretty useful because there are a shit load of races and some are really long (Some like 45 minutes long) and I don't have time to do them all so sometimes I hire a racer to do a race for me while I'm eating, doing homework, etc.
From what I remember in GT4. There is a extra driver you can use for those long races, I think it is called B-spec mode. Everytime you use that driver he gains expirence which makes him better in each race. You can always which between you and the driver during races. That feature is most likely to be in GT5. You can also speed up the races in B-spce mode, so those 24 hour races becomes 14-16 hours to finish and theres also pitting in strategy you can create.

Sorry I can't answer the other questions. Not a big racing car fan.
Padders
Padders
Fanboy

Back to top Go down

Post by CyberpunkCentral Sun Sep 26, 2010 11:02 am

Well Yamauchi did say and i quote "you can reverse your game". Which leaves everyboby to believe that he's talking about the rewind feature.

Hire another driver? That feature sounds pointless Meh
I mean "Gran Turismo 5" might have, but not every feature has been confirmed yet.

Not really sure about auction house? Like i said before, not every feature is confirmed yet.

I don't know if the 1977 Lamborghini Countach will be in it or not?

What i do know is "Gran Turismo 5" will have way more features then "Forza Motorsport 3".
CyberpunkCentral
CyberpunkCentral
PS3 Nation Greats

https://www.youtube.com/user/CyberpunkCentral?feature=mhw4

Back to top Go down

Post by Zillah Sun Sep 26, 2010 12:12 pm

CyberpunkCentral wrote:
What i do know is "Gran Turismo 5" will have way more features then "Forza Motorsport 3".

Yo fanboy, you might as well take GT5 out to dinner before you just suck it's slong like that. WE KNOW IT'S BETTER.
Zillah
Zillah
Administrator
Administrator

https://www.youtube.com/user/KidZiLLah

Back to top Go down

Post by CyberpunkCentral Sun Sep 26, 2010 12:46 pm

Zillah wrote:
CyberpunkCentral wrote:

Yo fanboy, you might as well take GT5 out to dinner before you just suck it's slong like that. WE KNOW IT'S BETTER.

Maybe you and "Call of Duty: Black Ops" can come along with us. It will be a double date Wink
CyberpunkCentral
CyberpunkCentral
PS3 Nation Greats

Back to top Go down

Post by gamer22 Sun Sep 26, 2010 12:51 pm

One thing I read is that GT5 will have the Rally endurance race and you can team up with a people online so they can take over your race. Some of these races I read is the 24 hour endurance race. That is freaking crazy.

gamer22
Fanboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Zillah Sun Sep 26, 2010 1:11 pm

CyberpunkCentral wrote:
Zillah wrote:
CyberpunkCentral wrote:

Maybe you and "Call of Duty: Black Ops" can come along with us. It will be a double date Wink

No, seriously, you've made a lot of threads over how better GT5 is over Forza 3. Just calm down about it.
I've almost never/haven't made a thread on BLACK OPS OVA TEH MEDIAL OV HAONERZ!

I've voiced my opinion though.
Zillah
Zillah
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by CyberpunkCentral Sun Sep 26, 2010 1:21 pm

Zillah wrote:
CyberpunkCentral wrote:
Zillah wrote:
CyberpunkCentral wrote:

No, seriously, you've made a lot of threads over how better GT5 is over Forza 3. Just calm down about it.

Of course you haven't. Why would you make a thread where 99% of the members don't agree with you Silly

Last edited by CyberpunkCentral on Sun Sep 26, 2010 1:24 pm; edited 2 times in total
CyberpunkCentral
CyberpunkCentral
PS3 Nation Greats

Back to top Go down

Post by Zillah Sun Sep 26, 2010 1:23 pm

CyberpunkCentral wrote:
Zillah wrote:
CyberpunkCentral wrote:
Zillah wrote:
CyberpunkCentral wrote:

Of course you haven't. Why would you make a thread where 99% of the members don't agree with you Silly

Or I could make a thread where the members that say it sucks are going to buy it anyways and still complain, and play it more than me.
Zillah
Zillah
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by CyberpunkCentral Sun Sep 26, 2010 1:27 pm

Zillah wrote:
CyberpunkCentral wrote:
Zillah wrote:
CyberpunkCentral wrote:
Zillah wrote:
CyberpunkCentral wrote:

Or I could make a thread where the members that say it sucks are going to buy it anyways and still complain, and play it more than me.

Try it then.
CyberpunkCentral
CyberpunkCentral
PS3 Nation Greats

Back to top Go down

Post by SlySonji™ Sun Sep 26, 2010 1:27 pm

CyberpunkCentral wrote:
Zillah wrote:
CyberpunkCentral wrote:
Zillah wrote:
CyberpunkCentral wrote:
Zillah wrote:
CyberpunkCentral wrote:

Try it then.

Hey, hey, hey, guys!

Why don't you all shut the fuck up Nice!
SlySonji™
SlySonji™
PS3 Nation Greats

Back to top Go down

Post by adro Sun Sep 26, 2010 2:38 pm

Is there a rewind feature? I'm a casual racer and I really loved the rewind feature in Grid and Forza 3 because I would screw up a lot.

like Cyber said "Yamauchi did say "you can reverse your game"" is that mean a rewind feature, I don't know.

the previous GT's had that, no way they take it off, + you can speed up those kind of races i find it much better, than hiring a driver.

Is there an auction house? In Forza 3 there is an online auction house where you can you know, sell and bid on cars. Will GT5 have one?

the GT psp have something similar to that, I think this is inevitable.

Does anyone know if GT5 will have the 1977 Lamborghini Countach?
in the Psp version there's the "Lamborghini Countach LP400 '74", and all cars on the psp are also on GT5.
adro
adro
Forum Great

Back to top Go down

Post by SlySonji™ Sun Sep 26, 2010 2:38 pm

BSPEC MODE Drooling
SlySonji™
SlySonji™
PS3 Nation Greats

Back to top Go down

Post by adro Sun Sep 26, 2010 2:46 pm

SlySonji™️ wrote:BSPEC MODE Drooling

nothing is better than drive it yourself. Silly

Last edited by adro on Sun Sep 26, 2010 7:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
adro
adro
Forum Great

Back to top Go down

Post by BlackStigma Sun Sep 26, 2010 5:30 pm

gamer22 wrote:One thing I read is that GT5 will have the Rally endurance race and you can team up with a people online so they can take over your race. Some of these races I read is the 24 hour endurance race. That is freaking crazy.

Le Mans 24 hour race? In real life it is a 24 hour endurance race, in racing games like Grid it's sped up. I doubt the race could last more than an hour in GT5 cause well, i doubt there are many people who will team up to do 24 hours of racing.

adro wrote:in the Psp version there's the "Lamborghini Countach LP400 '74", and all cars on the psp are also on GT5.

Yes that's it, very nice.

adro wrote:the GT psp have something similar to that, I think this is inevitable.

Awesome, i love auction houses, saves a lot of cash.

adro wrote:the previous GT's had that, no way they take it off, + you can speed up those kind of races i find it much better, than hiring a driver.

What do you mean, "speed up those kind of races"?
BlackStigma
BlackStigma
Forum Great

Back to top Go down

Post by SlySonji™ Sun Sep 26, 2010 6:53 pm

BlackStigma wrote:
gamer22 wrote:One thing I read is that GT5 will have the Rally endurance race and you can team up with a people online so they can take over your race. Some of these races I read is the 24 hour endurance race. That is freaking crazy.

Le Mans 24 hour race? In real life it is a 24 hour endurance race, in racing games like Grid it's sped up. I doubt the race could last more than an hour in GT5 cause well, i doubt there are many people who will team up to do 24 hours of racing.

adro wrote:in the Psp version there's the "Lamborghini Countach LP400 '74", and all cars on the psp are also on GT5.

Yes that's it, very nice.

adro wrote:the GT psp have something similar to that, I think this is inevitable.

Awesome, i love auction houses, saves a lot of cash.

adro wrote:the previous GT's had that, no way they take it off, + you can speed up those kind of races i find it much better, than hiring a driver.

So you can speed it up. A race that would normally last 1 hour would last 5 minutes.
SlySonji™
SlySonji™
PS3 Nation Greats

Back to top Go down

Post by adro Sun Sep 26, 2010 8:02 pm

BlackStigma wrote:
Le Mans 24 hour race? In real life it is a 24 hour endurance race, in racing games like Grid it's sped up. I doubt the race could last more than an hour in GT5 cause well, i doubt there are many people who will team up to do 24 hours of racing

in Grid you eiter do it in real time or an accelerated mode it's the same on GT, btw GT4 le mans 24 Hour Endurance race you won't believe how many acctually did it in real time, full 24 hours. I did it too but used b-spec (or hiring a driver, lol) for more than half the race. damn i hope thers no trophie for that.

BlackStigma wrote:

nothing special, just the same as Grid
adro
adro
Forum Great

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down