Welcome to the PS3 Nation! Please feel free to sign up and make sure you check your inbox as soon as you do! Enjoy your time spent here!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the PS3 Nation! Please feel free to sign up and make sure you check your inbox as soon as you do! Enjoy your time spent here!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Are Bungie Considering Playstation 3 Development?

+13
King_Stizzle_LMFAO
Gutzahn
Stoney
Redn0se
FaytSaratome
Freemon34
Reaper
Angelus the Wraith
NoelX2
solidstudios
EvilMrChicken
TRF
IBEWOLF
17 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Are Bungie Considering Playstation 3 Development? Empty Are Bungie Considering Playstation 3 Development?

Post by IBEWOLF Wed Mar 31, 2010 9:24 am

Bungie are a studio traditionally associated with Microsoft. But speaking about the companies’ next move after Halo: Reach, they’ve hinted at the possibility of supporting Playstation 3.

“All options are open right now,” Bungie’s community manager Brian Jarrard told IndustryGamers. “So long as we find the best possible fit for our creative vision and what this project is going to be.”

Asked specifically about Playstation 3 development, Jarrard noted that specific platforms hadn’t yet been decided, but that the company were remaining open-minded.

“We definitely have plans in the works, and I think we’re really close to understanding of what is next and who, what, when, where, that’s all going to land.”

Jarrard was coy about what Bungie’s next game will be. What type of game would you like to see Bungie bring to Sony’s system?
IBEWOLF
IBEWOLF
Newb Gamer
Newb Gamer

Back to top Go down

Are Bungie Considering Playstation 3 Development? Empty Re: Are Bungie Considering Playstation 3 Development?

Post by TRF Wed Mar 31, 2010 6:01 pm

Halo won't be coming to PS3. I can guarantee you that. It will most likely be a new IP. Maybe a Marathon game?
TRF
TRF
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.ign.com/blogs/Z0mb33Sl4y3r/

Back to top Go down

Are Bungie Considering Playstation 3 Development? Empty Re: Are Bungie Considering Playstation 3 Development?

Post by EvilMrChicken Wed Mar 31, 2010 6:26 pm

I would like to see halo but like TRF said, won't be coming. I would like to see a new series on the ps3 though
EvilMrChicken
EvilMrChicken
Forum Great

Back to top Go down

Post by solidstudios Wed Mar 31, 2010 9:14 pm

i would like halo also..... probably new ip like TRF said
solidstudios
solidstudios

https://www.youtube.com/solidstudios98

Back to top Go down

Post by NoelX2 Thu Apr 01, 2010 12:31 pm

Sice they are not gonna be making another Halo game after Reach, I would say yes.
NoelX2
NoelX2
Forum Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by TRF Thu Apr 01, 2010 5:25 pm

NoelX2 wrote:Sice they are not gonna be making another Halo game after Reach, I would say yes.
Well, technically they're not, but they've got 343 Industries working on Halo 4, which is the same people who work for Bungie. I think they did that so they could work on new IPs as well as Halo.
TRF
TRF
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Angelus the Wraith Thu Apr 01, 2010 7:42 pm

Bungie has never made a game for PS3. If they make us games, they'll have no way to predict it's success. PS3's first Bungie game would most likely be a low-budget title to test the water.
Angelus the Wraith
Angelus the Wraith
PS3 Nation Greats

http://www.finalfantasyforums.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by Reaper Fri Apr 02, 2010 7:00 pm

Angelus the Wraith wrote:Bungie has never made a game for PS3. If they make us games, they'll have no way to predict it's success. PS3's first Bungie game would most likely be a low-budget title to test the water.

i agree, the PS3 isnt a frag-head console like the 360 so a shooter might not sell multiple-millions like the halo series
Reaper
Reaper

Back to top Go down

Post by Angelus the Wraith Fri Apr 02, 2010 7:36 pm

Reaper wrote:
Angelus the Wraith wrote:Bungie has never made a game for PS3. If they make us games, they'll have no way to predict it's success. PS3's first Bungie game would most likely be a low-budget title to test the water.

i agree, the PS3 isnt a frag-head console like the 360 so a shooter might not sell multiple-millions like the halo series

If Bungie were to release a RPG, or JRPG it would sell decent.

Besides, Bungie stated that they were doing good on the 360. The will focus on what they do best.
Angelus the Wraith
Angelus the Wraith
PS3 Nation Greats

Back to top Go down

Post by TRF Sat Apr 03, 2010 12:12 am

Angelus the Wraith wrote:
Reaper wrote:

If Bungie were to release a RPG, or JRPG it would sell decent.

Besides, Bungie stated that they were doing good on the 360. The will focus on what they do best.
Supposedly they're working with Capcom on a fighting game? I'm not sure, I just hear things from people.

Anyways, they're pretty talented developers. Anything that comes out of them will be great.
TRF
TRF
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Freemon34 Sat Apr 03, 2010 2:04 am

Umm... Marathon was pretty much Halo with no story Silly
Freemon34
Freemon34
Forum Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by FaytSaratome Sat Apr 03, 2010 5:19 pm

From what I can tell no one has said this yet. Microsoft bought the Halo IP from Bungie, which we all know 343 Industries is working on. This is just what I heard anyways. It could be wrong, and most likely is.
FaytSaratome
FaytSaratome
Newb Gamer
Newb Gamer

Back to top Go down

Post by TRF Sat Apr 03, 2010 8:07 pm

FaytSaratome wrote:From what I can tell no one has said this yet. Microsoft bought the Halo IP from Bungie, which we all know 343 Industries is working on. This is just what I heard anyways. It could be wrong, and most likely is.
I think I said that already. I didn't mention the part about Microsoft buying Halo, but I did mention the part about 343 Industries.
TRF
TRF
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Freemon34 Sat Apr 03, 2010 8:21 pm

Too bad Ensemble went out of business, they made great RTSs like Age of Empires, Rise of Nations, and Halo Wars. I wanted all of those games to continue.
Freemon34
Freemon34
Forum Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Redn0se Tue Apr 06, 2010 3:27 pm

Halo is still partly owned by Microsoft.
Redn0se
Redn0se
Fanboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Angelus the Wraith Tue Apr 06, 2010 7:31 pm

Bluenose wrote:Halo is still partly owned by Microsoft.

The name "Halo" is completely owned by M$. That being said, Bungie is still allowed to make a game called "olaH" for the PS3, or even the Wii.
Angelus the Wraith
Angelus the Wraith
PS3 Nation Greats

Back to top Go down

Post by Stoney Wed Apr 07, 2010 12:33 am

The name "Halo" is completely owned by M$. That being said, Bungie is still allowed to make a game called "olaH" for the PS3, or even the Wii.

olaH! Are Bungie Considering Playstation 3 Development? 112105

I think they will eventually develope a new multi-plat IP. I doubt it will be an FPS. Maybe an RPG?
Stoney
Stoney
Forum Great

Back to top Go down

Post by Angelus the Wraith Wed Apr 07, 2010 2:13 am

xSTONEYx187x wrote:

I think they will eventually develope a new multi-plat IP. I doubt it will be an FPS. Maybe an RPG?

Bungie... Multi-Plat... RPG form a famous FPS company...

-1 Purchase from angelus. Count me out.
Angelus the Wraith
Angelus the Wraith
PS3 Nation Greats

Back to top Go down

Post by Stoney Wed Apr 07, 2010 6:29 pm

xSTONEYx187x wrote:

Im sure they're sick of making FPS's. Were they a RTS company also? Im sure Halo was supposed to be an RTS before MS snapped them up.
Stoney
Stoney
Forum Great

Back to top Go down

Post by Angelus the Wraith Wed Apr 07, 2010 7:31 pm

xSTONEYx187x wrote:
xSTONEYx187x wrote:

Im sure they're sick of making FPS's. Were they a RTS company also? Im sure Halo was supposed to be an RTS before MS snapped them up.

Halo WARS [Weaponized Advanced Recon Soldiers] was an RTS, but I don't think the other Halo games were meant to be RTSs as well.
Angelus the Wraith
Angelus the Wraith
PS3 Nation Greats

Back to top Go down

Post by Stoney Thu Apr 08, 2010 12:10 am

I know Halo wars was an RTS. Im talking before Halo 1 was developed. I could have sworn I read somewhere that Halo was planned as a RTS. Up until MS partnered with Bungie.
Stoney
Stoney
Forum Great

Back to top Go down

Post by solidstudios Thu Apr 08, 2010 12:22 am

xSTONEYx187x wrote:I know Halo wars was an RTS. Im talking before Halo 1 was developed. I could have sworn I read somewhere that Halo was planned as a RTS. Up until MS partnered with Bungie.
ur right. halo was originally planned to be an RTS. im not quite sure what happened that changed that
solidstudios
solidstudios

https://www.youtube.com/solidstudios98

Back to top Go down

Post by Gutzahn Thu May 27, 2010 3:28 pm

It was a RTS for the Mac as far as i know. M$ bought them and changed the Genre...as far as i know.Even if Bungie would make olaH as a Multiplat, it wouldn't sell as much as Halo, because the Name sells.
Gutzahn
Gutzahn
Forum Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 27, 2010 6:52 pm

BUNGIE WILL NEVER DEVELOP FOR PS3 BCUZ IT CANT HANDE THE 360'S POTENTIAL OF THE GPU ENGINE, oh hang on never mind, activision halo on crack announced!

Back to top Go down

Post by King_Stizzle_LMFAO Thu May 27, 2010 7:16 pm

It would be funny if they made a multiplatform Halo.....all the 360 fanboys would shoot themselves Are Bungie Considering Playstation 3 Development? Affraid
King_Stizzle_LMFAO
King_Stizzle_LMFAO
Fanboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next