Welcome to the PS3 Nation! Please feel free to sign up and make sure you check your inbox as soon as you do! Enjoy your time spent here!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the PS3 Nation! Please feel free to sign up and make sure you check your inbox as soon as you do! Enjoy your time spent here!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gran Turismo 5 offers HDD install, Big space required

+11
Padders
EvilMrChicken
SlySonji™
TheJubJub5721
gamer22
gow
Reaper
adro
TWILIGHTRULEZZZ
CyberpunkCentral
yonny616
15 posters

Go down

Gran Turismo 5 offers HDD install, Big space required  Empty Gran Turismo 5 offers HDD install, Big space required

Post by yonny616 Sat Aug 28, 2010 5:20 pm

That's a big install probably take you the whole day lol.
http://www.justpushstart.com/2010/08/28/gran-turismo-5-offers-hard-drive-install/
yonny616
yonny616
Forum Great

https://www.youtube.com/user/MrYonny616

Back to top Go down

Gran Turismo 5 offers HDD install, Big space required  Empty Re: Gran Turismo 5 offers HDD install, Big space required

Post by CyberpunkCentral Sat Aug 28, 2010 5:24 pm

10GB! O_o
CyberpunkCentral
CyberpunkCentral
PS3 Nation Greats

https://www.youtube.com/user/CyberpunkCentral?feature=mhw4

Back to top Go down

Gran Turismo 5 offers HDD install, Big space required  Empty Re: Gran Turismo 5 offers HDD install, Big space required

Post by TWILIGHTRULEZZZ Sat Aug 28, 2010 5:25 pm

10GB is really big even for the PS3 - the average is like 1-3GB for a multi-plat ?

But ill do the full install to make it run smother as I have loads of space on my 120 that I still need to fill up Silly
TWILIGHTRULEZZZ
TWILIGHTRULEZZZ
Forum Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 28, 2010 5:57 pm

fuck u i only got 24GB left!

Back to top Go down

Post by adro Sat Aug 28, 2010 6:00 pm

it's optional, and if you do it no loading or atleast very short loading time. i have a 500GB HDD Wink no need to worry.
adro
adro
Forum Great

Back to top Go down

Post by Reaper Sat Aug 28, 2010 6:12 pm

tahmidk wrote:fuck u i only got 24GB left!

Im sitting happy on a spare 233GB Cool
Reaper
Reaper

Back to top Go down

Post by gow Sat Aug 28, 2010 6:30 pm

the big word here is OPTIONAL I install my 360 games to make the load slower and make my 360 run quieter and less hot. I will happily install the 10gb if it makes my experience better with GT5 and its awesome 3D enviorments
gow
gow
Fanboy

Back to top Go down

Post by gamer22 Sat Aug 28, 2010 6:50 pm

Wow that is alot. But I got a 320GB installed so no biggie.

gamer22
Fanboy

Back to top Go down

Post by TheJubJub5721 Sat Aug 28, 2010 7:16 pm

I install all my 360 games, and I would install this too. Takes load times down a lot.
TheJubJub5721
TheJubJub5721
PS3 Nation Greats

Back to top Go down

Post by SlySonji™ Sun Aug 29, 2010 2:00 am

Who cares?

This only means that the game is HUGE!

So that's a plus.
SlySonji™
SlySonji™
PS3 Nation Greats

Back to top Go down

Post by EvilMrChicken Sun Aug 29, 2010 4:00 am

SlySonji™ wrote:Who cares?

So that's a plus.

the install will be...pretty slow...24 hours? lmfao

But anyway, in the words of flavor flav...WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW
EvilMrChicken
EvilMrChicken
Forum Great

Back to top Go down

Post by SlySonji™ Sun Aug 29, 2010 4:05 am

EvilMrChicken wrote:
SlySonji™ wrote:Who cares?

So that's a plus.

the install will be...pretty slow...24 hours? lmfao

But anyway, in the words of flavor flav...WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW

In the words of Jamiroquai:

''I used to worry about the future, but then I threw my caution threw the wind.''

This boogie is fo'real.

Dawg.
SlySonji™
SlySonji™
PS3 Nation Greats

Back to top Go down

Post by Padders Sun Aug 29, 2010 6:53 am

Most likely to decrease the loading times for bigger and larger tracks like the Nurburing

I just install a 500gb harddrive so space wouldn't be a problem lol
Padders
Padders
Fanboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Zillah Sun Aug 29, 2010 11:51 am

SlySonji™ wrote:

''I used to worry about the future, but then I threw my caution threw the wind.''

This boogie is fo'real.

Dawg.

Like, this is totally off-topic but what song is that from?
I recently started listening to him because of a song called Canned Heat which is fucking EPICCCC.
And Nujabes made a remix to it and it's gold in a freakin' can. Anyways, everyone else, stay with the topic.

Last edited by Zillah on Sun Aug 29, 2010 1:03 pm; edited 2 times in total
Zillah
Zillah
Administrator
Administrator

https://www.youtube.com/user/KidZiLLah

Back to top Go down

Post by Invincible Sun Aug 29, 2010 1:01 pm

I'm still sporting the original 80gig HD so I'm going to be down to 18gigs after that beast is installed.

I'll probably get it at the midnight launch, let it install overnight, and play it in the morning.
Invincible
Invincible
Forum Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by SlySonji™ Sun Aug 29, 2010 3:22 pm

Zillah wrote:
SlySonji™ wrote:

This boogie is fo'real.

Dawg.

Like, this is totally off-topic but what song is that from?
I recently started listening to him because of a song called Canned Heat which is fucking EPICCCC.
And Nujabes made a remix to it and it's gold in a freakin' can. Anyways, everyone else, stay with the topic.

Canned Heat - Jamiroquai
SlySonji™
SlySonji™
PS3 Nation Greats

Back to top Go down

Post by Padders Mon Aug 30, 2010 7:25 am

http://www.kotaku.com.au/2010/08/gran-turismo-5-will-accommodate-optional-hard-drive-install/

Just to clear things up about the install.
Padders
Padders
Fanboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Epzaos Mon Aug 30, 2010 12:41 pm

I'll just delete the useless data and POOF, problem solved. Wink
Epzaos
Epzaos
Forum Great

https://www.youtube.com/user/azazel166

Back to top Go down

Post by xxDEATH METALxx Mon Aug 30, 2010 5:26 pm

I haven't got much space on my hard-drive left. Might have to get a new one, as that space is quite a bit.
xxDEATH METALxx
xxDEATH METALxx
Forum Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down