Welcome to the PS3 Nation! Please feel free to sign up and make sure you check your inbox as soon as you do! Enjoy your time spent here!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the PS3 Nation! Please feel free to sign up and make sure you check your inbox as soon as you do! Enjoy your time spent here!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Your Letdown-ups

+3
igame
CyberpunkCentral
Zillah
7 posters

Go down

Your Letdown-ups Empty Your Letdown-ups

Post by Zillah Wed Jul 07, 2010 1:25 am

What game were you so hyped for and then sucked ass?

What game you thought was the underdog get high praise/very good?

-------

All-Time : Devil May Cry 2 (DMC1 was so great. The next was beyond garbo.)

This Gen: Crackdown 2 [so far] (Crackdown was so fun, I was like "fuck the graphics". I saw my friend playing it. I cried.)

All-Time/This Gen: Uncharted 2. (I never had heard of it before my cousin told me. I was like "MW2 is coming out, it's shit." I played the beta = Jizz.)
Zillah
Zillah
Administrator
Administrator

https://www.youtube.com/user/KidZiLLah

Back to top Go down

Your Letdown-ups Empty Re: Your Letdown-ups

Post by CyberpunkCentral Wed Jul 07, 2010 1:34 am

Final Fantasy XIII - hyped for 4 years and it turned out to be a big disappointment.
CyberpunkCentral
CyberpunkCentral
PS3 Nation Greats

https://www.youtube.com/user/CyberpunkCentral?feature=mhw4

Back to top Go down

Post by igame Wed Jul 07, 2010 2:10 am

Last Gen

Final Fantasy X-2 : Final Fantasy X is one of my favorite RPGs, in fact its the first RPG i played on the ps2, the story was awesome, the battle system is my favorite so far from any FF game, i was so eager to see what would happen and how they would unfold the story, once i played FFX-2 i sold it the next day.

This Gen

Devil May Cry 4 : The game was good and all but the whole backtracking was annoying and boring, i was expecting an epic game but it felt like another DMC game with pretty graphics, Devil May Cry 2 is the worst DMC in the series tho.
DMC>DMC3>DMC4>DMC2

Underdog

Little Big Planet : The first time i saw it i thought "Stupid kids games". There was a lot of praise towards the game tho, and since im an open minded gamer i decided to buy it even if it looks like a kids game, just to see whats so good about it. And now its the game all my friends wanna play when they come over.
igame
igame
Forum Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by TRF Wed Jul 07, 2010 2:45 am

Overhyped:

• Halo 3: ODST - I was so amped for this game. I made the mistake of expecting it to be as good as the rest of the series, but it wasn't. In fact, it put me to sleep. I would say it's runner-up for Shame of the Year (which was won by Darkest of Days).
  • Prototype - The excitement for this game was unbearable around its release date. They promised co-op and exploration and all of this stuff that I love in games, and the game ended up sucking big time. The co-op wasn't in the game, and the only reason I held onto the game was because Activision promised that it would be implemented in the game via an update. No update. The game was fun for a couple of hours, but ended up being repetitive and generic. The story was uninteresting and the citizens of NYC were recycled and reused. There were hundreds of the same blonde chick, the same black dude, the same douchebag in a business suit, and the same teenager with skate gear. The city felt like a bunch of blocks with windows painted on them.

Underdog:

• Batman: Arkham Asylum - I was expecting this game to be mediocre at best. However, everything about the game was perfect. I didn't have a single complaint about the game to be honest. It was my Game of the Year for 2009.

Speaking of underdogs, GameFly just sent out Deadly Premonition. When I get it I'll let you guys know how amazing it is.
TRF
TRF
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.ign.com/blogs/Z0mb33Sl4y3r/

Back to top Go down

Post by Pizzy3C Wed Jul 07, 2010 3:34 am

overhyped- MW2, even if it was decent wouldn't have lived up to the hype
underdog-Darksiders
Pizzy3C
Pizzy3C
Forum Great

Back to top Go down

Post by EvilMrChicken Wed Jul 07, 2010 3:48 am

Sucked-God of War 3, I thought the game was decent but people hyped it to the max

Underdog- Tatsunoko vs. Capcom, this blew my mind, it's a beast of a game
EvilMrChicken
EvilMrChicken
Forum Great

Back to top Go down

Post by Zillah Wed Jul 07, 2010 4:25 am

igame wrote:

This Gen

Devil May Cry 4 : The game was good and all but the whole backtracking was annoying and boring, i was expecting an epic game but it felt like another DMC game with pretty graphics, Devil May Cry 2 is the worst DMC in the series tho.
DMC>DMC3>DMC4>DMC2

I'm sorry ; Devil May Cry 4 was great. The story/gameplay was amazing. Not as good as DMC/DMC3 but good.
& DMC3 is better than DMC by a LONG SHOT. Smile

DMC3>DMC3again>DMC>DMC4>MLDShit>Canadian Bacon>DMC2
Zillah
Zillah
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by TRF Wed Jul 07, 2010 5:52 am

Zillah wrote:
igame wrote:

This Gen

DMC>DMC3>DMC4>DMC2

I'm sorry ; Devil May Cry 4 was great. The story/gameplay was amazing. Not as good as DMC/DMC3 but good.

I thought DMC4 was average at best.
TRF
TRF
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.ign.com/blogs/Z0mb33Sl4y3r/

Back to top Go down

Post by BlackStigma Wed Jul 07, 2010 5:59 am

Gears of War 2, I was hyped as all hell for this game. On the way home from picking up the collector's edition I chewed like half my nails off. I put it in, after some campaign I played some online and found: some laggy as shit multiplayer, a shotgun that shoots rainbows, a chainsaw bayonet with a built in black hole, some "smoke grenades" that knocked your ass on the ground for 10 seconds, a brutally unbalanced flamethrower, some shock and wave every 15 freaking seconds, and a boom shot that was already balanced yet Epic Games decided to give it ANOTHER round and a BIGGER blast radius. Basically, they took out a lot of the bullshit from the first, then they added twice as much to the second. They patched most the stuff like the lag, smoke grenades, and reduced ammo count on all guns, so online became playable later on. The campaign was cool, but the game was such a let down.

Command and Conquer Red Alert 3. I hear that the long time fans hated this game or were disappointed, but I, never having any of the other ones decided to get it. And holy shit I was hooked. This game was amazing, I got the PC version later on.
BlackStigma
BlackStigma
Forum Great

Back to top Go down

Post by igame Wed Jul 07, 2010 6:15 am

Zillah wrote:
igame wrote:

This Gen

DMC>DMC3>DMC4>DMC2

Your opinion i guess, but i think the main reason you like DMC3 better than DMC is because you get to play as Virgil, i say that cuz you said you want Virgil to be the main character for DMC5 right? but i could be wrong, either way DMC3 didn't make the same impact that DMC made. And to say that DMC3 is better than DMC by a LONG SHOT seems a bit exaggerated.

BACON FTW
igame
igame
Forum Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Zillah Wed Jul 07, 2010 7:21 am

igame wrote:
Zillah wrote:
igame wrote:

This Gen

DMC>DMC3>DMC4>DMC2

Your opinion i guess, but i think the main reason you like DMC3 better than DMC is because you get to play as Virgil, i say that cuz you said you want Virgil to be the main character for DMC5 right? but i could be wrong, either way DMC3 didn't make the same impact that DMC made. And to say that DMC3 is better than DMC by a LONG SHOT seems a bit exaggerated.

BACON FTW
You have to put Canada into thought. MLD. XD

The main reason I like DMC3 is because Dante is different & i love the music.
Vergil? I wanted him so it wouldn't be the 'same ol'-same ol' routine. *coughmhtricrackdowntwohaloodstrdrcough*

Long Shot was exaggerated, I liked DMC3 cause of the more mixed up gameplay.
Zillah
Zillah
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum