Welcome to the PS3 Nation! Please feel free to sign up and make sure you check your inbox as soon as you do! Enjoy your time spent here!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the PS3 Nation! Please feel free to sign up and make sure you check your inbox as soon as you do! Enjoy your time spent here!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Call of Duty: Black Ops - Pros and Cons

+4
Zillah
xxDEATH METALxx
Stoney
CyberpunkCentral
8 posters

Go down

Call of Duty: Black Ops - Pros and Cons Empty Call of Duty: Black Ops - Pros and Cons

Post by CyberpunkCentral Thu Nov 11, 2010 5:39 pm

What do you like about "Call of Duty: Black Ops" and what don't you like about it?
CyberpunkCentral
CyberpunkCentral
PS3 Nation Greats

https://www.youtube.com/user/CyberpunkCentral?feature=mhw4

Back to top Go down

Call of Duty: Black Ops - Pros and Cons Empty Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops - Pros and Cons

Post by Stoney Thu Nov 11, 2010 6:08 pm

I've just started the campaign and only played one match in MP. So far the the campaign is hella fun. Came across no campers, yet. I'm happy I traded it in MoH for it.

Last edited by Stoney on Fri Nov 12, 2010 1:38 am; edited 1 time in total
Stoney
Stoney
Forum Great

Back to top Go down

Call of Duty: Black Ops - Pros and Cons Empty Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops - Pros and Cons

Post by xxDEATH METALxx Thu Nov 11, 2010 8:27 pm

It's the same thing over and over again. Im not paying £45 for a short campaign, and little replayability of multiplayer. But the campaign looks sweet as hell.
xxDEATH METALxx
xxDEATH METALxx
Forum Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Zillah Thu Nov 11, 2010 8:32 pm

It's the same thing over and over? Killzone & Halo are not? Laughing

What I HATE about Black Ops, is, CLAYMORES DON'T MAKE FUCKING NOISES. You die. Simple.
Zillah
Zillah
Administrator
Administrator

https://www.youtube.com/user/KidZiLLah

Back to top Go down

Post by xxDEATH METALxx Thu Nov 11, 2010 8:36 pm

[quote="Zillah"]It's the same thing over and over? Killzone & Halo are not? Laughing

Aye? Did i say that Killzone and Halo are not the same thing aswell??
xxDEATH METALxx
xxDEATH METALxx
Forum Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by SlySonji™ Thu Nov 11, 2010 8:42 pm

Zillah wrote:It's the same thing over and over? Killzone & Halo are not? Laughing

What I HATE about Black Ops, is, CLAYMORES DON'T MAKE FUCKING NOISES. You die. Simple.

You used VERY bad examples.
SlySonji™
SlySonji™
PS3 Nation Greats

Back to top Go down

Post by Zillah Thu Nov 11, 2010 9:10 pm

SlySonji™️ wrote:
Zillah wrote:It's the same thing over and over? Killzone & Halo are not? Laughing

Cause they are dude.
Zillah
Zillah
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by SlySonji™ Thu Nov 11, 2010 9:24 pm

Zillah wrote:
SlySonji™️ wrote:

Cause they are dude.

If Killzone 2 was the same as Killzone, Killzone 2 would have gotten a 59.
SlySonji™
SlySonji™
PS3 Nation Greats

Back to top Go down

Post by Zillah Thu Nov 11, 2010 9:27 pm

SlySonji™️ wrote:
Zillah wrote:
SlySonji™️ wrote:

Cause they are dude.

I'm talking about, basic game mechanics.
Of course it's not. COD4 isn't the same as Black Ops.
Zillah
Zillah
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by SlySonji™ Thu Nov 11, 2010 9:27 pm

Zillah wrote:
SlySonji™️ wrote:
Zillah wrote:
SlySonji™️ wrote:

Cause they are dude.

I'm talking about, basic game mechanics.
Of course it's not. COD4 isn't the same as Black Ops.

As I recall, Killzone 2 was very different from Killzone. Mechanics and all.
SlySonji™
SlySonji™
PS3 Nation Greats

Back to top Go down

Post by MEGAlan Thu Nov 11, 2010 10:29 pm

Zillah wrote:
SlySonji™️ wrote:

Cause they are dude.

You used EXTREMELY bad examples.

Killzone 2 is very different from Killzone 1. Halo Reach is very different from Halo 3.

Even then, why attack Halo and Killzone when we are discussing COD?
MEGAlan
MEGAlan
Forum Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by TheJubJub5721 Fri Nov 12, 2010 12:06 am

OFF TOPIC! PWND! lol

Any hoo.... Im getting it tomorrow and pretty much only cause I am getting it very cheap and ZOMBIES. I mean come on, who doesn't wanna slaughter zombies as Nixon XD
TheJubJub5721
TheJubJub5721
PS3 Nation Greats

Back to top Go down

Post by Zillah Fri Nov 12, 2010 1:50 am

MEGAlan wrote:
Zillah wrote:
SlySonji™️ wrote:

Cause they are dude.

Killzone 2 is very different from Killzone 1. Halo Reach is very different from Halo 3.

Cause they have the same basic mechanics, whether your fanboy inside can admit it or not.
Zillah
Zillah
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by MEGAlan Fri Nov 12, 2010 2:19 am

Zillah wrote:
MEGAlan wrote:
Zillah wrote:
SlySonji™️ wrote:

Cause they are dude.

Cause they have the same basic mechanics, whether your fanboy inside can admit it or not.

UMADBRO?

Fanboy?

As far as gameplay mechanics goes. Killzone 2 is much more different than Killzone 1. The controls have been changed a bit, and there has been a cover system that was introduced. In Halo Reach, armour abilities were added. Accuracy HUD was added. They tweaked the melee to where you can't kill someone if they have their sheilds on. etc.

COD? It's been the same identical gameplay since COD4. COD4 introduced sprinting to the series and that's it.
MEGAlan
MEGAlan
Forum Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Zillah Fri Nov 12, 2010 2:28 am

Oh yeah? So you're telling me that if you play Halo ODST Vs. Someone who HASN'T played Halo at all, the Halo ODST player will be as blind as the other player?

Gtfo dude. Same for Killzone.

Wait, you said Armor was added, but sprinting is minor?
Double Standards ftw.
Zillah
Zillah
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by MEGAlan Fri Nov 12, 2010 2:39 am

Zillah wrote:Oh yeah? So you're telling me that if you play Halo ODST Vs. Someone who HASN'T played Halo at all, the Halo ODST player will be as blind as the other player?
Gtfo dude. Same for Killzone.

Wait, you said Armor was added, but sprinting is minor?
Double Standards ftw.

Ofcourse not, but it's not like one could play Halo 3 for YEARS and then switch over and completely own everyone in Reach by playing the exact same way. The differences in mechanics make the way you play very different in Reach.

Armor ABILITIES. Do you know what those are? Jetpacks, sprinting, armor lock, evade, and hologram were new additions to the gameplay mechanics. They also added an accuracy hud. The more you shoot a riffle the less accurate it is. So players now have to time their shots to make it accurate, a major change over the random spraying that occured sometimes in Halo 3. ALSO, the melee's radius was tweaked and was made to where shields have to be out before you can get a one hit kill.

I never said sprinting was minor. In fact, I noted it as the ONLY major change in game mechanics since COD4. Scratch that, perks count as well..but it still hasn't changed much since COD4.Do you see what I mean?
MEGAlan
MEGAlan
Forum Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Zillah Fri Nov 12, 2010 2:42 am

I NEVER SAID THE EXACT SAME WAY. (Caps Rage.)

I said they have the same basic gameplay mechanics.
Zillah
Zillah
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by MEGAlan Fri Nov 12, 2010 2:48 am

Zillah wrote:I NEVER SAID THE EXACT SAME WAY. (Caps Rage.)

I said they have the same basic gameplay mechanics.

The differences I listed ARE basic gameplay mechanics.

That was what you were implying, that an all-time veteran Halo player who is use to using tactics that worked in the previous Halo games would do extremely well without changing his game style.

MEGAlan
MEGAlan
Forum Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Pizzy3C Fri Nov 12, 2010 3:18 pm

Love the multiplayer, haven't touched the single player but it looks nice and I might play it. Zillah, put on a Flack Jacket and all your problems are solved.

Pros-
Gun fights- The only way to get 2 bullet kills in this game is a sub machine gun at extremely close range, and I think they did that to counter act the knifes which I'm all for... A sub machine gun at distance WILL NOT KILL, trust me I've had countless hit markers at range and they don't die, which is how it should be in a video game.

Weapon Balance- Great job distinguishing the differences between the different classes, no longer will a sub machine gun (ump) be used as a sniper and no longer will a sniper be used as a sub machine gun. The smg are unbeatable close range where the ar/lmg are unbeatable at mid range. Everything has pros and cons to using it.

Demolition- I'm ranked 200 in this game Smile

Leaderboards/Player Cards- The amount of data given to you is unreal, no longer is K/D the focal point of the game but rather the amount of points you get per minute will get you to the top of the leaderboards. Weekly, Monthly, and all time leaderboards for each gamemode keep the game interesting. Your combat record gives you more in depth look at your gameplay whether it's what gun your best with, or what gun kills you the most. It gives you stats for every single thing you do in the game! It's really amazing. And probably my favorite addition is the Emblem editor, which I thought would be pointless but aside from theater mode and playing this is what I'm on... Although I think I found my permanent one now so :/

Customization- Face paint, putting emblems and clan tags on your gun, changing your reticle colr n shape, it's really fun going into editing everything to make it yours. Still no where near RSv2 but I aint complaining.

Theater Mode- Letting you see every second of every angle of every game you've played. Saves up to 100 matches at one time and the video editor is not bad at all. Just going around and seeing what people saw when I jump shot them with a sniper is hilarious now. Me n my boys spent some time watching each other play n it was cool, chillin, talking, and watching a game we just played from anywhere we want...

The Maps- Best maps I've seen in COD yet, I don't ever pick random because all maps are fun to play for me... And there's 1000 different ways to get into buildings or just some places on the maps which cuts down on camping hard. Nuke Town= God's gift to the online shooter Smile

Campers- Yes the old MW2 campers are back but this time they need gun skill and they just can't keep up. Let me give an example, I run through a room w/ my flack jacket on using my mp5 and boom I trigger a claymore, the guy then shoots me in the back I jump out of the way turn on him hard (look for it in my lack Ops montage Smile Like mentioned before it's no longer, "well we got to get from point a to point b and there's only two ways to get there and there blocked of by 3 campers each... There's literally 4 doors on every side of a building-exaggeration

K/D whoring- As far as I can remember COD has had it's standard of excellence based on how many kills u have and what ur K/D spread was. Not anymore (Thank God) Treyarch didn't even put k/d in the leaderboards, u have to actually look up someone's player card and click over a couple times to find it Smile K/D camping fags aren't the bees knees anymore lol...

all I got so far that I can think of...

Cons-

LAG- OMG this game lags so hard if you're not on 4 bars, and sometimes when you are. And it always seems to happen when you're about to engage in a gun fight, really annoying, but Treyarch is already patching this... Or so they say...

Snipers- Treyarch didn't like the way everyone ran around with an intervention QS in MW2 but instead of taking it back to previous titles like COD4 and WAW they completely nerfd the Sniper to the point where it's unusable in anything other than TDM, where you can stay in one spot and win. They want to take out SOH pro fo a sniper fine, they don't want your crosshairs to be dead center when you aim up okay, idle sway makes sense, but no they have to go and make it to where you have to be scoped up for about a second before your shot's accurate... How is that fair? We already put ourselves at a disadvantage with having to scope in longer and having one shot to get one kill. And the only one shot one kill is the L9a6 or whatever and it has the recoil of the COD4 Barret mixed with the R700 mixed with every sniper in WaW... Anyway fk that... You've all seen my videos, you know I can snipe and that's all I do in previous titles, but I've maybe touched the sniper for 3 minutes in this game...

The players- Small annoyance here but when I'm putting up 70+ kills in a game I don't expect to lose. Some of the teammates I get I swear to God have never touched a video game before, let alone a shooter. And instead of playing free for all or TDM to get accustomed to firing their weapon they pick objective based games that take strategy aswell as gun skill, none of which they have... That said it is possible for one player to dominate a game, unlike mw2 this game is based around individual skill and not teamwork and communication.

Ninja- It's worthless, you can't hear the players' footsteps as it is so there's really no point to try to be silent.

RC Car- No problem when I got my jacket on and I really don't mind the killstreak, but sometimes when I lay bullets in it it doesn;t blow up :/ But it's really easy to hear it coming and from where so most of the time it's easy to shoot down...

Love this game with a passion...
Pizzy3C
Pizzy3C
Forum Great

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Nov 14, 2010 6:57 pm

i dont like the fact the campaign can be beat in just under 6 hrs

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down