Welcome to the PS3 Nation! Please feel free to sign up and make sure you check your inbox as soon as you do! Enjoy your time spent here!

Nintendo threatens Pokemon fansites with closure.

Go down

Nintendo threatens Pokemon fansites with closure.

Post by Epzaos on Mon Sep 20, 2010 4:28 pm

Jim Sterling wrote:Nintendo has threatened a number of Pokémon fansites with closure over the posting of Pokémon Black/White screenshots. The game, which is already out in Japan, had its entire cast of Pokémon revealed recently, and the flood of information has apparently brought down Nintendo's angry legal hammer.

“While Nintendo appreciates your interest in and support of the Pokémon game series, your publication of this content infringes Nintendo’s copyrights in violation of federal law," warns Nintendo. "Your activity also and has the potential to cause substantial damage to Nintendo, and leaves Nintendo with no choice but to take steps to protect its intellectual property rights.

“We have accordingly submitted a copyright infringement notice to your domain registrar under the Digital Millennium Copyright Act, and anticipate that your website will be taken down shortly.”

Prominent fansites Pokerbeach and Serebii were hit, with the former lashing out at Nintendo's legal department. Nintendo's lawyers were asked by Pokerbeach why they're not concentrating on DS piracy, and instead are picking on "small fansites that only help your franchise."
Wow, this is truly a nice way to treat your fans Nintendo, threatening them just because they post screenshots of a game that is already released.

P.S. I know that these websites used ROMs, but i still find it very stupid of Nintendo to react like this, they were screenshots not links leading to pirated copies.

Source: http://www.destructoid.com/nintendo-threatens-pokemon-fansites-with-closure-184394.phtml

Last edited by Epzaos on Tue Sep 21, 2010 9:25 am; edited 1 time in total
Epzaos
Forum Great

https://www.youtube.com/user/azazel166

Back to top Go down

Re: Nintendo threatens Pokemon fansites with closure.

Post by sypro428 on Mon Sep 20, 2010 5:28 pm

if they wern't screenshots of the Japanese version, I guess Nintendo still have the right to sue (since the US/EU versions arn't due till Q2 2011), despite how damn petty it may seem
sypro428
Newb Gamer
Newb Gamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark_Chaos on Tue Sep 21, 2010 2:08 am

This letter is extremely confusing because Bulbapedia still has all it's sprites and art up along with other news/forum sites such as Veekun and PsyPoke, and Serebii still has the official artwork and a few sprite of Gen V as avatars as well... I'm starting to believe this isn't from Nintendo or Gamefreak.

The troll who wrote this must be laughing his ass off at Pokebea... err PokeRBeach's immature reaction...
DON'T FEED THE TROLLS DAMNIT!
Mark_Chaos
Newb Gamer
Newb Gamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Teckno on Tue Sep 21, 2010 7:18 pm

It better be pretty damn good for Nintendo to close down small sites.
I'm excited Very Happy
Teckno

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark_Chaos on Tue Sep 21, 2010 10:03 pm

Teckno wrote:It better be pretty damn good for Nintendo to close down small sites.
I'm excited Very Happy

This is seriously looking more fake by the minute. Another thing to look at is the letter itself, it has "??" in the middle of it along with "very yours truly" that doesn't even make sense, it would be "Regards" or something along those lines. They didn't even put the "`" over the "e", which is in both Pokèmon and PokèBeach. There are even a few spelling mistakes in the letter itself, which no lawyer would ever do.

And another thing, they officially revealed Pokèmon Black & White GLOBALLY! No point in taking down pictures and sprites if you revealed them official.
Mark_Chaos
Newb Gamer
Newb Gamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum